Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Ike Taylor...

Backup

User Info Menu

Now Ike Taylor...

...is out for significant time...

Preliminary reports say 2-6 weeks...looks like a fracture!!! Hopefully its 2-weeks!!

Cortez can handle it, until the Playoffs!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sucks that when we start to get healthy someone goes down. HOWEVER I whole heartedly believe our corners have TURNED a corner. Lewis has been playing out of his mind. Cortez showed something today and Brown made some plays. Carnell Lake is certainly making his presence known much like Kugler with the offensive line. We aren't giving the cushion and our db's are playing physical football. What we say today on the field is very likely the future of our defensive secondary with Lewis and Allen. I certainly want Ike back but Allen should be more than capable of getting us to the post season when Ike should be able to return.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Does Curtis Brown become the Nickel now?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Does Curtis Brown become the Nickel now?
    I would imagine so, but who do we have after Brown? Van Dyke?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Pittsburgh Steelers, i mean, um, China Dolls.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I would imagine so, but who do we have after Brown? Van Dyke?
    yup, and wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers re-signed CB Josh Victorian to the practice squad after releasing him last week.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers, i mean, um, China Dolls.
    How is it possible for you to be on this board right now being negative? In the other thread talking about getting dominated in the first half and now complaining that Ike Taylor tweaked the hell out of his ankle. Injuries happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Sucks that when we start to get healthy someone goes down. HOWEVER I whole heartedly believe our corners have TURNED a corner. Lewis has been playing out of his mind. Cortez showed something today and Brown made some plays. Carnell Lake is certainly making his presence known much like Kugler with the offensive line. We aren't giving the cushion and our db's are playing physical football. What we say today on the field is very likely the future of our defensive secondary with Lewis and Allen. I certainly want Ike back but Allen should be more than capable of getting us to the post season when Ike should be able to return.
    I hope Allen will be very, very good one day, but right now he's a young cornerback replacing a guy that routinely is tasked with defending the opposing teams best WR. Fortunately, for the Steelers Flacco didn't really attack Allen they way Manning (either one), Brees, Brady, Rogers would have, they would have smelled blood in the water and tested the kid. Rivers next week, Romo, and Dalton coming up, I'd feel a lot better with Ike out there. Next man up Cortez, lets do this.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Not to say I am happy about Ike getting hurt, but I like that our young guys will get thrown in the fire and get some real game experience. Jason Worilds, Keenan Lewis, Jonathan Dwyer these guys finally start to get enough real game time and adjust to game speed they seem to be stepping up and making plays.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cortez Allen will be better than Ike T. And Brown should be ok in the slot.