Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeper first round pick: Terron Armstead

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sleeper first round pick: Terron Armstead

I see Lane Johnson, Eric Fisher, and Luke Joeckel all being gone before the Steelers pick at 17.

Does anyone see Terron Armstead as a possible sleeper pick? He is being favorably compared to Duane Brown. He is super athletic and I think is going to be a fantastic LT some day.

[URL="http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/03/road-to-the-draft-terron-armstead.html"]http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/03/road-to-the-draft-terron-armstead.html[/URL]

Terron Armstead
    Position: Offensive tackle
    School: Arkansas Pine-Bluff
    Measurements: 6-foot-5, 306 pounds.
    40 time: 4.71 seconds. Vertical: 34.5 inches. Broad jump: 112 inches.225-pound bench press: 31 reps
    Draft projection: Second round

Lowdown: The breakout star of last month's NFL Scouting Combine, Armstead ran a mind-boggling 4.71-second 40-yard dash, breaking the record for offensive linemen. ... Played in 37 college games, and started all 12 at left tackle as a senior in 2012. ... Put himself on the radar with a solid performance at the East-West Shrine game, which led to an invite to the Senior Bowl. Showed in those games he didn't look out of place playing against a higher level of competition. ... Has the athletic ability to pull when needed, and can get to the second level of the defense. ... Has 34-inch arms, and above-average strength for the position. ... Improved his draft stock as much as any player at the combine. Needs to add strength in his lower body. ... Can struggle against bull rushes. ... Will still have to answer questions about the sub-par competition he faced in the Southwestern Athletic Conference. ... Similarly, will have to prove he's more than a "workout warrior."
    Was recruited by several FBS schools coming out of high school in Illinois, but chose FCS Arkansas-Pine Bluff because it offered him an opportunity to play football and participate in track and field. Armstead was a second-team All-American selection last year in the shot put, and has won eight SWAC championships.
    He said it: "I've been blessed with a unique skill-set. I'm extremely light on my feet for a big guy, I have to say. It's a blessing. It was nothing that was coached."
    I know a lot of people see him as a 2nd rd pick. I could see, however, him go at pick 17 to 32.
    Last edited by BigRob; 03-20-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

No thank you.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    No thank you.
    Any particular reason?
    Here comes the BOOM!

Backup

User Info Menu

That's a Tom Donahoe pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Draft him, and stick him at ILB. Can you imagine a guy who runs a 4.71 and weighs 300+ clogging up the middle?
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Draft him, and stick him at ILB. Can you imagine a guy who runs a 4.71 and weighs 300+ clogging up the middle?
    Yes, I can. Wearing a #99 jersey and was timed at 4.6. Levon was a beast!

Legend

User Info Menu

He had an amazing combine and is obviously an amazing athlete, but has more risk than I would prefer from a first round pick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He had an amazing combine and is obviously an amazing athlete, but has more risk than I would prefer from a first round pick.
    He is risky, but a lot of people passed on Duane Brown for the same reasons. I'm not saying that Terron Armstead is the next Duane Brown, but he is a potential first round pick no one seems to think will go in the first round.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I put him in my mock in the 2nd a few weeks ago but he is a climber. So is Jasper Collins.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Yes, I can. Wearing a #99 jersey and was timed at 4.6. Levon was a beast!
    lol...thats exactly who I was thinking about.
    Trolls are people too.