Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the Steelers have the best overall RB unit?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Do the Steelers have the best overall RB unit?

I am not saying they have the best starting running back (but Bell won't be too far off of being that this year, in my opinion), but looking at the unit as a whole, I am not sure they don't have the deepest, best, overall RB unit in the NFL.

Watching Bell down the stretch, he flashed all the skills that the team saw when they drafted him: power, quickness, balance, vision. And he has elite hands for a running back.

Blount is a beast for a #2. How many #2's are as good as he is? Not many. Almost no one. He has serious power and fire in the belly.

And now that we have battered teams with Bell and Blount we melt their faces off with Dri and his insane speed, vision and balance. (BTW, I chose the video bases on which one had the best music. "Pop Dat Thang" is such a killer jam. How can you not dig that? The jam after it is dope too.)

What team possibly has a better RB unit than we do? Maybe Philly.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Niners have Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Marcus Lattimore, Carlos Hyde, and LaMichael James, so....no.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think they will be top 3. As much as i
    love Bell there is no fall off with Blount.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Niners have Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Marcus Lattimore, Carlos Hyde, and LaMichael James, so....no.
    Gore has _GOT_ to be slowing down. His 4.1 average was the lowest of his career, but still had over 1,000 yards. This could be the season he hits a wall to some degree. Hunter is just ok. Lattimore coming off massive injury, so we don't know and James is fairly limited due to him being small. Am I saying at the end of the 2014 season that we won't say SF had the better over all RB unit? No, but it is certainly possible Pgh ends up with the better unit as well. SF has no one at #2 that's as good as Blount. That dude is a beast. Great jams with this clip too. Ludie. He da man. So dope.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, and Christine Michael trio trumps Bell, Blount, and Archer also.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

How about C.J. Spiller, Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown, and Anthony Dixon in Buffalo (I suppose you could throw in their FB, former Steeler Frank "The Tank" Summers as RB for the Bills as well)?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, and Christine Michael trio trumps Bell, Blount, and Archer also.
    It is my prediction that by next season, the Steelers unit will be considered better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How about C.J. Spiller, Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown, and Anthony Dixon in Buffalo (I suppose you could throw in their FB, former Steeler Frank "The Tank" Summers as RB for the Bills as well)?
    Spiller and Jackson are solid, don't know the other two guys. Philly's McCoy, Sproles and Polk seem to trump Bills though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Spiller and Jackson are solid, don't know the other two guys. Philly's McCoy, Sproles and Polk seem to trump Bills though.
    Bryce Brown was Shady's backup in Philly, traded to Buffalo when they signed Sproles (he had a few HUGE games late in the 2012 season if I recall correctly). Anthony Dixon was a former backup to Gore in SF (but then they brought in all of those other guys listed above).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree, nobody has a better One Two...and One Two are really the only ones that matter. Not counting in Mr. Gimmick yet because he is a rookie and Id have to see it first.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.