Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This D is awful

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Preach Brother ... I feel "ALL" your pain. Funny thing is that I watched this D today and I kept seeing white and red Jerseys and silver helmets missing tackles and blowing coverage. I saw a DE/DT busting his butt to keep his team in the game (Bosa/Heyward) a LB doing the same (Shazier/Worilds) ... the rest of the D (other than Troy's pick 6) let the teams down ... I thin I have PTSD after this weekend
    LOL. Like the Grinch, my ulcer grew two times it's normal size.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Worst d in 30 years folks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    no defending that performance
    Totally agree. An abysmal display of horrible football by the defense. This team got whipped up and down the field by a very average team that may not make the playoffs. No tackling, NO pass rush, idiotic cushions and allowing Miami to put up more points than they have all season. Disgraceful.

One draft won't fix this mess.

Backup

User Info Menu

But please, don't let the inept nature of the Defense cloud the fact that this offense, when Haley is doing a majority of the play calling is stale and conservative. Additionally, Haley shows an alarmingly consistent tendency to go away from what's working. Hey, the run game was FANTASTIC in the first half ... So, let's start lobbing the ball all around the field in the second. The guy can design some great plays, but as an "in game play caller" he leaves a whole helluva lot to be desired.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pretty awful performance. At least Wallace didn't do any damage.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What has Williams done at LB? I know he's a rook, but you never hear his name called. How many tackels does this guy have???? Sure would've been nice seeing a Hightower or a Teo in there at LB. Both those guys are playing well for their teams. Just saying....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Regarding Haley and Ben.. Might be an interesting week.... Ben was asked why all the pass plays in the 2nd half and hardly any runs? Ben says to media--- ask the OC (Haley). Seems like a jab...

Also, Gilbert had a terrible game- at least the 2nd half....
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    What has Williams done at LB? I know he's a rook, but you never hear his name called. How many tackels does this guy have???? Sure would've been nice seeing a Hightower or a Teo in there at LB. Both those guys are playing well for their teams. Just saying....
    Thought I read somewhere that Teo was lost and confused in SD? Williams was a 7th rounder right? Hightower and Teo were 1st and 2nd rounders? Don't see the comparison. Now, if you are saying it would be nice to have a 1st round talent ILB to pair with Timmons, I'm onboard with that!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by discipline of steel View Post
    spartans rolled! our exit from playoff contention was almost a foregone conclusion so better it happen sooner than later. Im ok with this weekend.

sparty on...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes I am. We've been needing to draft a ILB in the first 2 rounds for a few years now. Teo is or at least was playing well in SD. He took over the starting job and WAS playing some good ball...
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII