Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Lewis have agreed to terms

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Was in a holding pattern as I peered into my crystal ball and read my tea leaves and chicken bones. My sig now contains the picks that will lead us back to world domination, as of now. I will do more readings as the draft nears.

I see you like the extremely athletic players.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I see you like the extremely athletic players.
    I guess I just look like if you can get guys with athletic abilities you can teach them, but you can't teach athletic ability. Plus, we lacked playmakers.
    @_Hellgrammite

Administrator

User Info Menu

If Lewis did get a new deal (and I hope it's true), then why wouldn't the Steelers announce it? Doesn't add up.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    If Lewis did get a new deal (and I hope it's true), then why wouldn't the Steelers announce it? Doesn't add up.
    Maybe still looking at the cap situation. We haven't announced any cuts yet which will have to happen if signing Lewis....I would assume anyway....
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't believe any deal with Lewis has yet been finalized. It was all someone's speculation based on Keenan's Facebook statement that "something big has happened" and that for now he's keeping it a secret.

Additionally, William Gay has now tweeted, "I'm glad I didn't sell my condo in Pittsburgh," leading to speculation that the Steelers are going to re-sign him. If that's the case, it might be an indicator they're actually having trouble reaching a deal with Lewis...or that they're about to cut Ike (but that wouldn't help the Steelers a whole lot against the cap this season, so I doubt it).
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 03-03-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we kept all our DBs and signed Gay, that would be a crazy deep DB core.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    How so?
    Ike has 2 years left on a 4 year contract.
    His signing bonus was 7.25 million.
    2 years excelerated = 3.625 million = 2013 cap hit if cut.
    He's due to make 6 million in salary if he stays.
    Wouldn't it be 2,375,000 in dead $$$ if is cut?
    O and I agree, Ike isn't going anywhere
    Ike restructured in 2012. He has cap hits of 9.4 mil (6 base) in 2013 & 10.4 (7 base) in 2014. His dead money if released would be 6.9 mil against his 9.4 for 2013.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am being optimistic he will stay with the Steelers but.....

The Dolphins need CB help. We know the Wallace / Lewis relationship. "Rumors" that Cooke left the combine with a <cough> deal on the table from the Dolphins for Wallace. Perhaps Lewis's agent has bumped into the Dolphins too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Ike restructured in 2012. He has cap hits of 9.4 mil (6 base) in 2013 & 10.4 (7 base) in 2014. His dead money if released would be 6.9 mil against his 9.4 for 2013.
    Thats why I would trade Ike to a team needing a corner that would allow him to play a lot of man coverage. Trade him for a 4th round pick = no cap hit at all.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Thats why I would trade Ike to a team needing a corner that would allow him to play a lot of man coverage. Trade him for a 4th round pick = no cap hit at all.
    All "bonus" would count against the Steelers cap in 2013. Trading Ike would still cost 6.9 mil against the Steelers cap in 2013.