Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still Believe in the new OL Strategy?

Legend

User Info Menu

Still Believe in the new OL Strategy?

Seems these 'light on their feet, mobile, athletic, zone-blocking offensive linemen the Steelers so covet can't keep from getting injured. Sorry, but I would take the slow plodding Max Starks left tackle any day of the week over what they got now. An OL this is injured this often will never live up to its potential if they all can't stay on the field for more than 2 weeks in a row.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No offense, but PLEASE STFU about Max Starks

He is GARBAGE. It is clear that our o-line lacks talent and depth (as evidenced by our best backup WHIMPER, being replaced by MIKE ADAMS again. Once Mike Adams was inserted in the starting lineup again for whatever reason, it was over.)

But to say you prefer Max Starks to a Mike Adams, is like saying you prefer a smelly brown turd, over a smelly green turd. (They're both turds.)

Administrator

User Info Menu

I thought they said awhile ago that they were going to "abandon" the zone blocking scheme.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    He is GARBAGE. It is clear that our o-line lacks talent and depth (as evidenced by our best backup WHIMPER, being replaced by MIKE ADAMS again. Once Mike Adams was inserted in the starting lineup again for whatever reason, it was over.)

But to say you prefer Max Starks to a Mike Adams, is like saying you prefer a smelly brown turd, over a smelly green turd. (They're both turds.)
    You do realize that the Adams took over at LT for Beachum right? And that the "comeback" happened with Adams at Lt. How about the fact that Adams provided more solid protection than Beachum when matched up against the same guys .. or that Beachum was responsible for most of the pressure coming from the left side before he had to move to RG for DeCastro?

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman believes adams got stuck into a funk at LT & couldn't see his way out of it. Time on the bench might have helped. He's far and away the most talented OT on the roster.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I thought they said awhile ago that they were going to "abandon" the zone blocking scheme.

maybe so, but they are stuck with the kind of guys that are supposedly built for the scheme. The OL is the single biggest failure the team has had for two years running. The scary part is there doesn't seem to be any talent whatsoever waiting in the wings.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is there any talent at all, good or bad, waiting in the wings, with all the injuries ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't realize that. I do realize that any "comeback", was not suddenly do to any bump in production from the left side as a result of Adams being there. Any problems Beachum had at LT, were still much better than what Adams did at any point this year. If Adams wasn't the albatross today that he normally has been every game this year, it is merely coincidental.

I'm just SICK of the Max Starks nonsense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

point is, these "athletic" Olinemen are as durable a Yugo. Give me a strong guy that can at least stay on the field for more than two series....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    maybe so, but they are stuck with the kind of guys that are supposedly built for the scheme. The OL is the single biggest failure the team has had for two years running. The scary part is there doesn't seem to be any talent whatsoever waiting in the wings.
    That's why I say that the coaching is poor. You develop a plan, you build to that plan and then you execute it. They let players walk and drafted certain players because of this. Then, they spent the entire offseason trying to implement this strategy. After week 1 I think it was.... they abandon it. Huh? One player gets hurt and you abandon your entire scheme that you supposedly built around and spent the entire offseason trying to implement? Now, that's a brilliant plan.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.