Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Early 1-14 mock draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    For the amount of hype he's gotten, Clowney should be Aldon Smith. Will he be? Answer: No.

Chris Long was a DE picked in the top 5. Which guy (Long or Clowney) would I take if I needed a DE in the top 5? Probably Long. Because Long is dependable. He's a guy you can hang your hat on.

Now, take Long's opposite number on the Rams, Robert Quinn... who had a monster year this season. Why wasn't Quinn a "#1 overall pick" kind of guy? He wasn't, because he took off the entire season ahead of the draft (lying about something 'er other to the NCAA). Is that basically what Clowney did, take the year off? If you say yes, then you're saying he has the same warts that a guy like Quinn had, making him fall to #12 or whatever it was.

Clowney is a similar talent to Aldon Smith or Quinn. Aldon was picked 7, Quinn 12. Clowney should fit right around there too.
    Clowney didnt take the year off.. his production slipped and he told Spurrierhe wasntgoing to play vs Kentucky out of the blue.

He also suffered from bone spurs that he played with and waited until after the sessonto have surgery.

He hasnt been a Saint but he is far from a problem. No NCAA violations, no arrest, np drugs... just a little bit of a big head after watching ESPN play his hit over and pver and over again.

Most thuggish problem slackers dontsay "yes sir" when asked if they are going pro.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Once teams game-planned for Clowney he disappeared. Teams game planned for J Harrison and he still made plays, teams gameplanned for Troy and he still made plays. Dominant players make plays regardless.
    Not true...

Troy and Deebo have been nonexistant for long stretches...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Once teams game-planned for Clowney he disappeared. Teams game planned for J Harrison and he still made plays, teams gameplanned for Troy and he still made plays. Dominant players make plays regardless.
    Now if that isn't a bottom line banquet for thought,...what is ladies and gentleman ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Clowney didnt take the year off.. his production slipped and he told Spurrierhe wasntgoing to play vs Kentucky out of the blue.

He also suffered from bone spurs that he played with and waited until after the sessonto have surgery.

He hasnt been a Saint but he is far from a problem. No NCAA violations, no arrest, np drugs... just a little bit of a big head after watching ESPN play his hit over and pver and over again.

Most thuggish problem slackers dontsay "yes sir" when asked if they are going pro.
    He didn't take the year off?? He went from 13 sacks last year to 3. If you are saying he was playing hurt all year, I will grant you that. The bottom line is that he is purported to be the #1 overall prospect, coming off 3 sacks. The whole season. He is a top 10 prospect, but if you are asking if I would take him where all the experts are saying? No.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    He didn't take the year off?? He went from 13 sacks last year to 3. If you are saying he was playing hurt all year, I will grant you that. The bottom line is that he is purported to be the #1 overall prospect, coming off 3 sacks. The whole season. He is a top 10 prospect, but if you are asking if I would take him where all the experts are saying? No.
    I dont care what you would do...

the question is what will NFL teams do.

Most scouts and reports say most teams dont care because he is a freak. 6'6" 275 quick first step, insane speed... can play inside and out and had a ton of hurries and batted passes that didn't show up on stat sheets.

scouts watched teams double and chip him and run away from him last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I dont care what you would do...

the question is what will NFL teams do.

Most scouts and reports say most teams dont care because he is a freak. 6'6" 275 quick first step, insane speed... can play inside and out and had a ton of hurries and batted passes that didn't show up on stat sheets.

scouts watched teams double and chip him and run away from him last year.
    Totally agree. He is going to be a star in the NFL.

You really have to watch the South Carolina games and see what other teams were doing against him. Teams game planned their entire offense to neutralize or avoid him. IMO that says it all.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Totally agree. He is going to be a star in the NFL.

You really have to watch the South Carolina games and see what other teams were doing against him. Teams game planned their entire offense to neutralize or avoid him. IMO that says it all.
    ..and this is the problem. A lot of people watched the stat line but didn't watch the games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Hahahaha,...copy that Bro. Well,..with that said,...would YOU take Clowney with the first pick in this year's Draft if the Texans were your franchise and you were personally responsible for it's wellbeing and or fortune ? (Ie: No house money,... but your own) lol
    No I wouldn't. I would do exactly what the Texans are doing. Shop the pick, trade down, then draft him. I wouldn't fault them if they did stay at 1 and still draft him. I do see the logic in it (pairing him with J.J. Watt).

Bigger question is.....why do you have the Steelers drafting a SS in as high a round as 2 when they already have the leagues best SS, and another one (Shamarko Thomas), waiting in the wings?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't want an OL but in that Mock you have to take Greg Robinson (If he declares). Clearly highest rated player on board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can you imagine though trying to defend JJ Watt and Clowney?
    Trolls are people too.