Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Young money

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    And the "old" Steelers would look at that and say ... it's time to get another TE or BIG WR in the draft. Not a Tomlin basher, but I will say that during his era for whatever reason, they have been loathe to draft "competition" for the starters ... that's not the way to stay relevant
    I don't think this is a sign of his decline. I think he's just still shaking off the rust from the injury. Just my opinion.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess, regardless of the fact that a guy is one of the best in the league at his respective positions, we should just go ahead and draft his replacement right away. Like the Pirates do.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I guess, regardless of the fact that a guy is one of the best in the league at his respective positions, we should just go ahead and draft his replacement right away. Like the Pirates do.
    Yeah, if the guy is 30, coming off a serious knee injury and his replacement was going to have to be drafted sooner rather than later anyway. I mean half of SteelerNation is upset because we strayed away from the system by waiting too long to draft replacements for the previous "stars" and didn't develop the replacements we drafted soon enough (because we were too busy sticking with the stars for one last run).
    Well, put your heart where your mouth is ... Heath is hurt, may never be the same ... don't cry if they draft his replacement and actually develop the kid while Heath is still playing. And I'm not saying Heath is done .. I recognize he isn't fully back from the injury .. "BUT" what if he never does come back fully? We should just give him a pass because he "WAS" one of the best at his position (he's not NOW, and may never be again)?

Legend

User Info Menu

That lack of a "Go To" WR still pops up during game situations. Even with questions regarding OL & DL, if the Steelers get a shot at a legit #1 WR type, that's the direction Chadman wants to go.

Then a NT.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That lack of a "Go To" WR still pops up during game situations. Even with questions regarding OL & DL, if the Steelers get a shot at a legit #1 WR type, that's the direction Chadman wants to go.

Then a NT.
    If Evans (Tex A&M) or Watkins (Clemson) are available with our top 10 pick, they would be fools to let the clock go more than 10 seconds before making their pick. Kinda torn between the two .. Evans has that Height/Speed combo .. but Watkins just jumps out at you

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah, if the guy is 30, coming off a serious knee injury and his replacement was going to have to be drafted sooner rather than later anyway. I mean half of SteelerNation is upset because we strayed away from the system by waiting too long to draft replacements for the previous "stars" and didn't develop the replacements we drafted soon enough (because we were too busy sticking with the stars for one last run).
    Well, put your heart where your mouth is ... Heath is hurt, may never be the same ... don't cry if they draft his replacement and actually develop the kid while Heath is still playing. And I'm not saying Heath is done .. I recognize he isn't fully back from the injury .. "BUT" what if he never does come back fully? We should just give him a pass because he "WAS" one of the best at his position (he's not NOW, and may never be again)?
    TE is the least of our worries. JJ was the right pick. I would have been happy with a TE later in the draft, but I would have drafted most of the guys that we did draft. I think we had a solid draft overall. Most people just want something to complain about. I get it.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Evans (Tex A&M) or Watkins (Clemson) are available with our top 10 pick, they would be fools to let the clock go more than 10 seconds before making their pick. Kinda torn between the two .. Evans has that Height/Speed combo .. but Watkins just jumps out at you
    Height & speed. A good big guy beats a good little guy more often than not. We have a lot of little guys. Time to get our AJ Green.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Height & speed. A good big guy beats a good little guy more often than not. We have a lot of little guys. Time to get our AJ Green.

Agree Chadman. Kept thinking of this while watching C Johnson put on a show for the decade. Hell, I would take someone with half Johnson's talent. The Steelers need AB to develop into that Ward/Welker kind of WR, but a big strong guy for those jump balls would sure help Roethlisberger's game.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Watkins is a player but he's not exactly a big target. He's only 6'1 and I think that's being very generous.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We're good enough at WR/TE. We're better off than most

Our D is what lost this game. (Suisham helped.)