Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It look like we are stuck with the boring playcalling of Haley....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    if Ben doesn't adjust (I really doubt it) then I question his heart and professionalism...the whining needs to stop now, be a professional and move on. Isn't that what's expected of us in the real world at our jobs?
    Yea, but none of us (I think that's safe to say) have a contract for $100 million or have done anything for a billion $ company like win two Super Bowls. That buys leverage and power, even if the powers that be don't admit to it. Someone brought up a good point in here today: Trying to win the time of possession battle EARLY in the game is kind of worthless, but that seems to be their plan. It is far more important to jump to a lead, increase that lead and _THEN_ work on the grind-it-out, time-of-possession mode (if you wish, but NE never goes into that mode; they prefer to get up by 30 instead).

Legend

User Info Menu

The dink and dunk offense seems to work just fine in NE. I'm glad Haley is coming back....Ben was having a career best season, stat wise, until his injury.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Ben will be fine and the Offense will be better because of the stability, especially as guys get healthy. If Ben has ever whined about Haley in public, I missed it. And no, some crack about the playcalling is not even remotely whining. It's a healthy work environment.
    No, his crack about play calling was whining, and, he kind of confirmed it by coming out publicly and admitting he apologized to the powers that be about his comment. If him saying he didn't keep throwing to Heath - which was killing it in the 1st half - because "of the plays that were being called" that certainly is a form of complaining - somewhat veiled - but a form of complaining, nonetheless.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    No, his crack about play calling was whining, and, he kind of confirmed it by coming out publicly and admitting he apologized to the powers that be about his comment. If him saying he didn't keep throwing to Heath - which was killing it in the 1st half - because "of the plays that were being called" that certainly is a form of complaining - somewhat veiled - but a form of complaining, nonetheless.
    If people are babies enough to be offended by that, then they deserve to be offended. Haley even said himself that there was nothing to apologize for. The media microscope will always be focused on every little thing based on who these guys are. That doesn't mean that clear thinking fans such as myself have to buy into their talking points.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    The dink and dunk offense seems to work just fine in NE. I'm glad Haley is coming back....Ben was having a career best season, stat wise, until his injury.
    Bro, the "dink and dunk" used by NE is vastly different than ours. First of all, Pats can and will call any play at any time; you won't see them locked into trying to rush on most 1st and 2nd downs. They will then go to the run on 3rd and 15, and get a first down doing it! You just never know with them. They might go with 15 straight passes, or 6 straight runs. They are the master of being unpredictable, which has failed to dawn on this team as a good quality. Also, every player seems capable of taking part of any play - they will use a TE on a rushing play or send a HB deep down the sideline for a long pass. Pgh as none of this type of versatility.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If people are babies enough to be offended by that, then they deserve to be offended. Haley even said himself that there was nothing to apologize for. The media microscope will always be focused on every little thing based on who these guys are. That doesn't mean that clear thinking fans such as myself have to buy into their talking points.
    Hmmm, so why did Ben have to publicly say that he apologized for those comments? And, if this was the first time he said something of the sort, then that's one thing. But, he constantly offers little veiled comments and he always has every since his 3rd season. Just because Haley wisely said there was no issue doesn't mean there wasn't. That was just the wise route to go by Haley: avoid the drama, try to move on and forward.

Starter

User Info Menu

They might go with 15 straight passes
    I see you recall the opening game of the 2002 season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hmmm, so why did Ben have to publicly say that he apologized for those comments? And, if this was the first time he said something of the sort, then that's one thing. But, he constantly offers little veiled comments and he always has every since his 3rd season. Just because Haley wisely said there was no issue doesn't mean there wasn't. That was just the wise route to go by Haley: avoid the drama, try to move on and forward.
    Whatever makes you feel better....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I see you recall the opening game of the 2002 season.
    Running in salt. It's too long ago to provide much pain though. Two Super Bowl rings since have reduced that irritant.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    if Ben doesn't adjust (I really doubt it) then I question his heart and professionalism...the whining needs to stop now, be a professional and move on. Isn't that what's expected of us in the real world at our jobs?
    A lot of people have managers they don't like. It happens... It's common. I'm tired of seeing Ben's piss poor expressions when Haley tries to approach him on the sidelines. He gives Haley the look. I've seen Haley try to approach Ben when he's walking to the sideline and Ben walked in the opposite direction. I saw both of these actions on numerous occasions. Ben needs to stop being a whiny
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.