Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Steelers OT Willie Colon signs with NY Jets

Legend

User Info Menu

Former Steelers OT Willie Colon signs with NY Jets

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter:

Former Steelers OT Willie Colon to Jets on a one-year, $1.2 million deal.

[URL]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hahahahahaha, yet even more evidence that the Jets are in deep doo doo. What is the over-under on how long until blob gets hurt for the year? I give him until week 4. And it may be much quicker than that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have a different take, whether fans liked him or his play or not I wish him well and would never wish injury on any player even if he wasn't a Steeler. He's just trying to make a living in the NFL and was willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Steelers, but no offer was made.
    Good luck Willie!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I have a different take, whether fans liked him or his play or not I wish him well and would never wish injury on any player even if he wasn't a Steeler. He's just trying to make a living in the NFL and was willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Steelers, but no offer was made.
    Good luck Willie!
    Sorry. His injury history is somewhat on him; had he not played 50 lbs overweight, he might have had a lot more fortune on the injury front. He was not a good player for the Steelers, period, even though they paid him like he was.

Legend

User Info Menu

That is a good price for Colon. Quite frankly, at that number, I would have minded seeing him back with the Steelers. For all his shortcomings, he does add some nasty to the offensive line.

Backup

User Info Menu

Nasty my ass. He got in one post play fight.

Yippee.

He can't block, his feet are in cement all of the time and he commits too many penalties.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by siggy00 View Post
    nasty my ass. He got in one post play fight.

Yippee.

He can't block, his feet are in cement all of the time and he commits too many penalties.
    /\ /\ /\ /\ this

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Nasty my ass. He got in one post play fight.

Yippee.

Agree on the penalties, but disagree on the blocking. This year, when healthy, he was a big part of the success of the running game. I know, I know, you abhor the running game, but even passing teams run in excess of 40% of the time.

Besides, Crash, Willie is best friends with your boy. I'm shocked that you approve of him being released without first clearing this with Ben.

Backup

User Info Menu

Success? Where were they ranked?

They need to listen to Ben. He'a right far more than the golf coach and the lawyer.

But we can't have that. We have to put him in his place.

I don't mind the run game at all. What I do mind is running every play up the middle and having a below average fullback on the field simply to appease 1970's loving assclowns.
    Last edited by Siggy00; 03-15-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Success? Where were they ranked?

They need to listen to Ben. He'a right far more than the golf coach and the lawyer.

But we can't have that. We have to put him in his place.

I don't mind the run game at all. What I do mind is running every play up the middle and having a below average fullback on the field simply to appease 1970's loving assclowns.
    26th rated rushing attack. 26th, on a team that places rushing the ball as a higher priority than any other team in the NFL. What rushing success?