Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ready for a Steelers Mock Draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I don't know what the Steelers plans are regarding Ta'amu, first he has a legal hurdle to overcome. If he should get through the legal issues, he may have a second chance with the team but for now it's all up in the air. If he is able to compete for the position, then the Steelers may go in another direction in the draft. At this rate BPA might be the ticket in the 2013 draft as we need help in almost every position.

If we could work out a trade with a team, we might be able to get an extra draft pick for Wallace, as it appears he will sign with another team.
    Btw, I'm hearing skuttlebutt that Miami might pursue Wallace.
    Although we'll be in the minority- Chadman agrees. NT is a VITAL cog in this 3-4, and it's no surprise that the pressure on the opposing QB has dwindled as Casey Hampton's career has dwindled. A dominant 3-4 NT will soak up an extra blocker, collapse a pocket, and be stout against the run. Right now, we are stout, most of the time.

That's it.

By soaking up the extra blocker, you instantly make the job easier for your DE's to get pressure- something we all want. And if your DE's are getting more attention, your OLB's are getting freer on the outside. NT is the cog that makes the defense turn.

Converesly, if there are no NT's of worth available- the Steelers OL has not dominated the LOS all season. If they could add a dominant OG to play opposite DeCastro & alongside Pouncey, then the running game becomes more effective, Ben gets more time, the passing game improves. Chadman likes Colon, thought he actually played alright at LG, but cap-cost & injury-risk are starting to not add up well. By drafting mid-1st round, the steelers will be perfectly positioned to grab the #1 IOL player on the draftboard.

Those that want a passrusher to replace Harrison- we have him. Worilds. Don't kid yourselves- any new guy coming in will be placed behind Worilds next season. And Chadman will beat the SS/FS drum as loud as anyone, but so long as they invest in guys that fit the system, raw players are fine, as the 'need' for them to start is at least a season away. Foote did not play badly enough to be replaced, so long as his cap figure isn't too bad, and the Steelers will need Vet leaders next season. This would give Spence a year to get back & show if there is something there.

1 position that WILL need to be addressed is TE. With Miller's injury, you'd have to be concerned about him not being ready for the start of next season. Anyone feel confidant about Paulsen starting?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chadman,
    I'm in agreement with you also, that if we can't get that dominate NT we go LG to make that line great. I think if DeCasto didn't have the injury in the preseason he would of been dominate by now. He just didn't have enough reps and game experience but he'll be a good one. Again, most games are won in the trenches, thats why I favor getting a dominate NT to help free up our ends like you stated very well.

Johnathan Jenkins is like a box truck, you can't move this guy and @ 358 he not only has tremendous power he eats up blocks. We get that Georgia Bulldog and we're set for a decade.

Btw, DeCastro made Ta'Amu a non factor when they played against each other in college.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 12-25-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Btw, DeCastro made Ta'Amu a non factor when they played against each other in college.
    3-4 & 4-3 DL do different things. I don't see how Ta'amu can get out of some prison time on a 2nd DUI and all the other stuff like evading police and nearly running cops over.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think it was the depot that said Hamp had a very good game against the bengals. That is why they could not run the ball. Timmons also had a very good game to help with them not running the ball. But I agree that a NT makes this 3-4 line work or not. If Te'o is a can't mis guy but he gets drafted before we pick. I like a NT or OLB at this point in the first rd. What position is this draft deep at?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    3-4 & 4-3 DL do different things. I don't see how Ta'amu can get out of some prison time on a 2nd DUI and all the other stuff like evading police and nearly running cops over.
    Thats why I responded to lloydroid's question about giving up on TA'amu, that he has too many legal hurdles to overcome, plus he didn't do much in camp against competition. Mclendon is a good backup, but we need a dominate NT in there. Yes Casey had a good game against the Bengals and a decent year this season but his age and salary are against him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If Matt Barkley is there, do you take him? He could be BPA.
    Its odd that you say that. It would have never entered my mind. But, I have had two draft dreams in my life. The first was when I dreamt we would trade up to grab Santonio Holmes. The second was recently, when I was floored that we drafted a QB. With that said, there isn't a QB in this draft round one worthy and that includes Barkley. So, I assume my dream was related to a bad slice of pizza and we go with either Jonathan Hankins DT, or Mingo LB. If a NT can be called a game changer Hankins is that guy. Mingo is also a freak, would be ok with either guy. Mingo is so fast and athletic that I know Tomlin is drooling just thinking about drafting him.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really like the look of the NT out of Purdue... but Jesse Williams out of Alabama would be just fine.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Its odd that you say that. It would have never entered my mind. But, I have had two draft dreams in my life. The first was when I dreamt we would trade up to grab Santonio Holmes. The second was recently, when I was floored that we drafted a QB. With that said, there isn't a QB in this draft round one worthy and that includes Barkley. So, I assume my dream was related to a bad slice of pizza and we go with either Jonathan Hankins DT, or Mingo LB. If a NT can be called a game changer Hankins is that guy. Mingo is also a freak, would be ok with either guy. Mingo is so fast and athletic that I know Tomlin is drooling just thinking about drafting him.
    Mingo has "bust" written all over him. He is way too raw to take as high as we will be drafting. Mingo and Montgomery remind me of Hugh Green and Ricky Jackson fro Pitt many years ago. Mingo, like Green, gets the hype but Montgomery, like Jackson, will be the better player in the NFL. I would prefer Montgomery over Mingo. But then we have that wait for two years issue before they get significant playing time under LeBeau.

As far as an ILB, look no further than Kevin Minter to take over for Foote. It is a pipe dream to think that Sean Spence will be able to play at a high level in 2013.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 12-26-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Huh??
    That is an excellent mock draft.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At 7-9:

RD 1 - DAMONTRE MOORE OLB
    RD 2 - KENNY VACCARO S
    RD 3 - LE'VEON BELL RB
    RD 4 - GERALD HODGES ILB
    RD 5 - JOSEPH FAURIA TE
    RD 6 - BRAD SORENSEN QB
    RD 7 - MARQUEIS GRAY WR