Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Steelers likely to reconstruct blocking style

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    For the last time.. Max almost got Rivers killed a few times in preseason... look at the Chicago preseason highlight vs the Chargers. Part of the reason he looked good here is because Ben is a magician.
    Who cares about what he did in SD for a couple of preseason games. He played for the Steelers for 8 years and you want to refence a couple preseason games?

Starks was clearly our best o-lineman last year. He's not that bad of a LT and didn't play bad for the Steelers considering Ben takes an eternity to get rid of the ball.

The only reason Starks isn't on the team is that Tomlin has some type of issue with him. I don't know what it is... but it's obvious. Tomlin has beeing trying to replace him for years and he couldn't. Tomlin's stubborness and his unwillingness to bring back Starks has hurt this team.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Who cares about what he did in SD for a couple of preseason games. He played for the Steelers for 8 years and you want to refence a couple preseason games?

Starks was clearly our best o-lineman last year. He's not that bad of a LT and didn't play bad for the Steelers considering Ben takes an eternity to get rid of the ball.

The only reason Starks isn't on the team is that Tomlin has some type of issue with him. I don't know what it is... but it's obvious. Tomlin has beeing trying to replace him for years and he couldn't. Tomlin's stubborness and his unwillingness to bring back Starks has hurt this team.
    dude... obviously SD cared and this is why they cut him. He wasn't coming back and IMO he is done.. being the best OL on our team means nothing...
    our problems are bigger than Starks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    According to Bob Labriola Haley doesn't decide who the WRs are on the field. He said Tomlin does that. So that would mean Tomlin was sending in players that he wanted on the next play. He said Haley just calls the plays.
    That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in a minute if it's true... why the hell is Tomlin calling sub packages if he isn't calling the plays? Not sure about this one because it seems like Tomlin would handcuff OC's on what plays they can call. He may decide the depth chart before the game but I would be shocked and saddened if this is true.

Administrator

User Info Menu

[HTML][/HTML]
    dude... obviously SD cared and this is why they cut him. He wasn't coming back and IMO he is done.. being the best OL on our team means nothing...
    our problems are bigger than Starks.
    That's not the point. The point is, he played above average for us. Starks wasn't the problem. He could step in and be a better LT than Adams immediately. Adams could move to RT and perform better than Gilbert immediately. That improves 2 positions almost instantly and it could have been done cheaply. Instead, Tomlin is continuing his grudge on Starks and it's hurting this team and likewise, hurtining his chances of being back in Pittsburgh for the 2014 season.

By the way, you do realize that Starks is only 31 years old? How is that "done"? lol.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Or, perhaps Starks sucks, now...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or, perhaps Starks sucks, now...
    He regressed that much in 1 year? Doubtful. He's worse than our Tackles? Doubtful.

He's worse than Guy Whimper (our #1 tackle backup)? HELL NO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

You never know. Players can certainly regress very quickly...I'm seeing it on our team right now...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in a minute if it's true... why the hell is Tomlin calling sub packages if he isn't calling the plays? Not sure about this one because it seems like Tomlin would handcuff OC's on what plays they can call. He may decide the depth chart before the game but I would be shocked and saddened if this is true.
    I serious doubt that is true. In Haley interview with David Todd Haley said the opposite instead he said the the RB and WR Coach help him with that.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    After you call a zone play and your prized 1st round draft pick ends the season of your prized All-Pro Center, I would perhaps be reluctant to go back to that well...apparently, the scheme was not being followed by Pouncey or DeCastro...
    I agree.

and this as well:
    " Or the current linemen aren't as effective as their predecessors.
    How was it that previous Steelers offenses ran successfully regardless of the other teams defense? Now I will agree that the current OL crop probably isn't built to run block like the days of old...

Backup

User Info Menu

That's what he said. It isn't about the depth chart because Bob was answering a question about not getting Wheaton on the field. He said the reason Wheaton wasn't on the field was because Tomlin decides the player groups and Haley calls the plays.