Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It won't happen, but I'd trade...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Sid..I am disappointing in you. Do you not understand that teams who trade for Ben will restructure his contract? What kind of contract does Peyton Manning (37 years), currently have with Denver? A cap friendly one.

If Ben is made available...teams will come out of the woodwork offering a boat load of picks. Guaranteed.
    I don't believe any team would give up a boat load of picks for Ben. Ben doesn't have the magic like he used to have. Steelers would be fortunate to get a number 1 and a number 3 pick based on Ben's recent play.

Seriously, if you ran a team what boat load of picks would you give up to acquire Ben?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't believe any team would give up a boat load of picks for Ben. Ben doesn't have the magic like he used to have. Steelers would be fortunate to get a number 1 and a number 3 pick based on Ben's recent play.

Seriously, if you ran a team what boat load of picks would you give up to acquire Ben?
    There are several tams in the league that are missing just that one piece. A QB who can win a super bowl. If it is just one piece teams will give up more than usual to acquire one.

And professionals understand that Ben's recent play has more to do with the team he has around him than it does him. That is a fan thing. Sorry.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    To answer your question, If I were Arizona, I'd give up a 1, 2, 3 and Patrick Peterson to acquire Ben. Because without Ben, that 1, 2, 3, and Patrick Petersen isn't going to get them to a super bowl.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    How is Miller "waaaaaay overpaid"? Because I looked it up, and he signed a $35 million deal, which includes a $12m signing bonus back in 09. That doesn't seem unreasonable at all to me. Actually sounds like a pretty good deal, for a 6 year deal and a guy as proven as he is. Did he renegotiate?
    Because we have renegotiated his contract to the point that he has a balloon payment next season. His original contract was generous, but not terrible. But, since we have renegotiated it (a few times, I believe), he will be due elite wide receiver money.

Pushing all this money forward has left the STeelers in a bad financial situation. There is a reason Baltimore, New England, etc. don't do this.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    this isn't Sega Genesis . . . what team will give up a high pick for a player over 30 that will hurt their cap???
    Who asked for a high pick? We need to shed 2014 & beyond salary to get out of cap hell.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

After half a decade of poor drafts, what makes anyone sure that Tomlin and Colbert would make wise use of that "boatload of picks" they might (and I emphasize "might") get for Ben?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    There are several tams in the league that are missing just that one piece. A QB who can win a super bowl. If it is just one piece teams will give up more than usual to acquire one.

And professionals understand that Ben's recent play has more to do with the team he has around him than it does him. That is a fan thing. Sorry.
    a team who is one piece away gives up a lock down corner and 3 or 4 picks??? Maybe BA is still in love but I don't see it...

Patrick Peterson has won a good 3 to 4 games for AZ with punt returns for TD's. He tied the record with 4 punt returns for TD's his rookie year and has 12 INT's in 3 years... a whopping 7 in 2012.

No effing way they give him up...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    this isn't Sega Genesis . . . what team will give up a high pick for a player over 30 that will hurt their cap???
    SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1m
    THIS JUST IN: Seahawks are making 11th-hour push to trade for Vikings DE Jared Allen. Vikings also talking to 2nd team. (via @AdamSchefter)
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The NFL should just get rid of the trade deadline...it's not that important such as the NHL, MLB and NBA trade deadlines.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    a team who is one piece away gives up a lock down corner and 3 or 4 picks??? Maybe BA is still in love but I don't see it...

Patrick Peterson has won a good 3 to 4 games for AZ with punt returns for TD's. He tied the record with 4 punt returns for TD's his rookie year and has 12 INT's in 3 years... a whopping 7 in 2012.

No effing way they give him up...
    Thats the asking price if it were me. And again, they can keep Patrick Petersen and their draft picks. They aint getting to a super with them and not having a legit QB.