Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maurice Jones-Drew to visit Steelers today.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maurice Jones-Drew to visit Steelers today.

Per Adam Schefter. States that we are not the only interested team.

Interesting.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Per Adam Schefter. States that we are not the only interested team.

Interesting.
    He's been a great back up until this last season. Anyone know what happened to him last year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

injuries and probably not caring because no one around him cared, especially after trading away monroe

Hes one of if not the best pass blocking back in the league and a great receiver....would be awesome to see the midget here

Legend

User Info Menu

i would be VERY happy with this acquisition.

Watched UCLA play Cal (him vs Lynch) and at the time said, "i just witnessed the best 2 college RBs in a single game i've ever watched". I believe they combined for something like 7 touchdowns. MJD had a punt return and couple rushing and one receiving. It was insane. Unfortunately for Lynch, he was splitting with Justin Forsett (they also had Desean Jackson at WR). Talk about a talent-loaded game.

In any event, I'm DeVille and I approve this acquisition!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting. I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank - he's only 28, but has a lot of wear and tear, but he would certainly be a reliable and versatile backup.

Backup

User Info Menu

Dont see him signing to be a back up anywhere. But it is interesting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Very tough market for RBs right now...he might not have a choice.

Would rather sign slowshon though if we are looking for a RB on the cheap that can block and catch

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Interesting. I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank - he's only 28, but has a lot of wear and tear, but he would certainly be a reliable and versatile backup.
    His first 3 years in the league he played second fiddle in a timeshare with Fred Taylor, so actually he does not have as much wear and tear as most 28 year old running backs.

Carries by season:
    2006: 166
    2007: 167
    2008: 197
    2009: 312
    2010: 299
    2011: 343 (led the league with over 1600 yards rushing)
    2012: 86 (only played a third of the season due to injury)
    2013: 234

He also averages in the neighborhood of 40 or 50 catches per season as well.

He would be effective back in that early-career timeshare role with a lead back again (this time with Le'Veon Bell playing the role of Fred Taylor).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    His first 3 years in the league he played second fiddle in a timeshare with Fred Taylor, so actually he does not have as much wear and tear as most 28 year old running backs.

Carries by season:
    2006: 166
    2007: 167
    2008: 197
    2009: 312
    2010: 299
    2011: 343 (led the league with over 1600 yards rushing)
    2012: 86 (only played a third of the season due to injury)
    2013: 234

He also averages in the neighborhood of 40 or 50 catches per season as well.

He would be effective back in that early-career timeshare role with a lead back again (this time with Le'Veon Bell playing the role of Fred Taylor).
    Michael Turner showed that being run into the ground doesnt happen slowly

He was also an every down back, has something like 350 receptions and when he didnt have the ball was a full time blocker

Not as many miles as a ray rice (ran til his wheels fell off between rutgers and baltimore) but pretty close

Would love the pickup, i know we want to get younger but this would be an out of the patriots book signing

Legend

User Info Menu

would love the signing but i just dont see it happening.
    im fairly sure he could get more $ elsewhere and ifs he's gonna take a money hit, it seems like he would pick a contender
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown