Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Want to know how the Steelers Draft room go... AND who makes the final grade ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Eh, I don't think the video gave us much information other than it's a group effort. It was a very generic look at how the Steelers prep for drafting. Everybody gets to give a grade, they recheck their facts, Colbert assigns the grade (probably determined by the group and not him) and they make the pick. What i thought was interesting is the fact that they were looking to trade down; I have to assume that was only going to happen if Shazier wasn't available. As soon as he was available, they jumped on him.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    What i thought was interesting is the fact that they were looking to trade down; I have to assume that was only going to happen if Shazier wasn't available. As soon as he was available, they jumped on him.

Pappy
    yup, and with the Cowboys ready to pick Shazier right behind us we knew we couldn't trade down even a few spots and still land Shazier...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Didn't want a repeat of the Marino debacle. And rightly so. Had we drafted Marino like we should have, we would have more Super Bowls.

Don't want to make that mistake twice.
    butterfly effect..... prolly would never have drafted ben.. still might have the same number of sb's, if not fewer... IIRC, Dan didn't win any... just sayin'
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Dang, the steelers.com is the only website in the world that I cant ever see any of their vids and this one sounds interesting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Interesting vid but nothing really new revealed. The Steelers have always said drafting is done by the organization, not by any one person. If you read Artie 2's book and numerous other sources, you know that in 1972, Noll wanted Bobby Newhouse at #1 but Franco ended up being the pick. It's probably the same with most teams, with a few exceptions such as when the head coach is also GM or an owner like Jerry Jones can't keep his hands off the process.

Yet, we will still constantly hear about how "Tomlin's" draft picks suck, etc.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 05-31-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Despite this newest information, I blame Tomlin for each failed draft choice. If only the Steelers would fire Tomlin and bring back Cowher we could go back to actually winning Super Bowls.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Dang, the steelers.com is the only website in the world that I cant ever see any of their vids and this one sounds interesting.
    have you tried a different browser? Firefox, chrome, IE etc.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    butterfly effect..... prolly would never have drafted ben.. still might have the same number of sb's, if not fewer... IIRC, Dan didn't win any... just sayin'
    Marino retired in 1999, so we'd have 5 years post-Marino in order to get sucky enough to draft Ben at #11 in 2004.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Despite this newest information, I blame Tomlin for each failed draft choice. If only the Steelers would fire Tomlin and bring back Cowher we could go back to actually winning Super Bowls.
    And this after going with one of your OSU guys in the 1st! Speechless.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    have you tried a different browser? Firefox, chrome, IE etc.
    I've tried Firefox and Safari on my Macbook and neither works. I've not run into a video on any other site I can't view. They must be doing something strange on Steelers.com?