Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manny Sanders

Legend

User Info Menu

Manny Sanders

Not seeing a re-up in the cards for E Sanders. Currently 37th in the league in rec yds, and 41st in receptions. Also, cant seem to stay healthy for any stretch of time.

He is OK, but is he no. 2 good?... I say let him walk at season's end and let the young ones play, would like to see Moye given a shot at more PT.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Not seeing a re-up in the cards for E Sanders. Currently 37th in the league in rec yds, and 41st in receptions. Also, cant seem to stay healthy for any stretch of time.

He is OK, but is he no. 2 good?... I say let him walk at season's end and let the young ones play, would like to see Moye given a shot at more PT.
    depending on Sanders' foot, we may see more of Moye anyway. At least we'd get an idea of whether or not Moye is a serviceable WR. Still think we take a "BIG" WR in the draft at some point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Wheaton a big guy? He got a couple of catches today, I think.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone know what happened to him today? Something with his foot again? We might be able to get Sanders on a reasonable contract.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Anyone know what happened to him today? Something with his foot again? We might be able to get Sanders on a reasonable contract.
    do we really want him?

let wheaton have his snaps next year.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Is Wheaton a big guy? He got a couple of catches today, I think.
    Is he taller that 6'2"? Is he bigger than 200? No, then he's not "BIG". Great, he got a couple of catches today .... He's still not the "BIG" receiver this offense and QB needs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wheaton is going to be fine. Sanders is proving himself to be what he showed his first few seasons. What he is NOT, is a starting WR in this league. He's too fragile. I agree that we should let him walk at this point. I think AB has proven he's worth his money. I think Cotch has EARNED his place on this team next year. And I think Wheaton has the potential that Sanders has already proven not to have. That leaves a slot (a #4 WR). Guys like Moye, a '14 draftee, and others can battle for.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    do we really want him?

let wheaton have his snaps next year.
    Maybe? I'd like to see what Wheaton/Moye do going forward for sure. And it depends on all the other contracts we have and how we prioritize everyone and if Sanders fits. I do think he's a good football player. And he's only in his first year as a starter.

I wouldn't break the bank to keep him by any means.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still think it was idiotic not to take the 3rd when it was gifted to them.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Wheaton is going to be fine. Sanders is proving himself to be what he showed his first few seasons. What he is NOT, is a starting WR in this league. He's too fragile. I agree that we should let him walk at this point. I think AB has proven he's worth his money. I think Cotch has EARNED his place on this team next year. And I think Wheaton has the potential that Sanders has already proven not to have. That leaves a slot (a #4 WR). Guys like Moye, a '14 draftee, and others can battle for.
    If it's me, I'm not drafting a fourth WR ... if a potential #1 or 2 is on my board anywhere after the 1st round, I'd be looking long and hard at taking him and letting things fall out where they may ... especially if he's taller than what we have right now.