Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Steelers draft...

Legend

User Info Menu

I would disagree with the blame your putting on the Notre Dame DL. Probably everyone of those defensive linemen will be playing on Sundays sooner or later. That is a very highly regarded DL so T'eo's failures can't be put on them. He was bad all by himself.
    Agreed that there is some chance those ND DLinemen will make it to the NFL. It's not a question so much of the quality of the PLAYERS around Teó, more the quality of their play against the Alabama OL. It doesn't really matter if all the ND DL's are set to become Hall of Fame guys- if they were all dominated by the Alabama OL, it'll have the same effect on Teó's play as if they were all Pilsbury Doughboy's.

For LB's to shine, generally, it takes the guys in front of them to open up the field. It's generally the same principle for QB's & RB's... if their OL doesn't hold up, you could have Montana & Sanders back there- they won't be 'as good' as they should be.

Judging Teó on one game is a bad way to judge someone. His body of work suggests he's a quality player.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

You gonna believe Dee or your lying eyes?

Anyone who followed this ND team and didn't get wrapped up in the NBC hype could see he was good but not Heisman worthy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not a college football guy, I get most of my information on the draft here. But that Alabama offensive line looked like a group of all-pro's (that had played together for a couple of years) going against the practice squad. Te'o may be a great pro, may be a terrible pro but it didn't matter tonight. Alabama's offensive line was just that dominant.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    I'm not a college football guy, I get most of my information on the draft here. But that Alabama offensive line looked like a group of all-pro's (that had played together for a couple of years) going against the practice squad. Te'o may be a great pro, may be a terrible pro but it didn't matter tonight. Alabama's offensive line was just that dominant.
    That's about as clear & to the point as it can be. Chadman agrees with this.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Agreed that there is some chance those ND DLinemen will make it to the NFL. It's not a question so much of the quality of the PLAYERS around Teó, more the quality of their play against the Alabama OL. It doesn't really matter if all the ND DL's are set to become Hall of Fame guys- if they were all dominated by the Alabama OL, it'll have the same effect on Teó's play as if they were all Pilsbury Doughboy's.

For LB's to shine, generally, it takes the guys in front of them to open up the field. It's generally the same principle for QB's & RB's... if their OL doesn't hold up, you could have Montana & Sanders back there- they won't be 'as good' as they should be.

Judging Teó on one game is a bad way to judge someone. His body of work suggests he's a quality player.
    I've watched ND all year... good player but not a great player. Someone will take him in the top 15 and they will be disappointed. There are more Alabama RB's in the NFL than Purdue, Wake Forest and Navy RB's...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I've watched ND all year... good player but not a great player. Someone will take him in the top 15 and they will be disappointed. There are more Alabama RB's in the NFL than Purdue, Wake Forest and Navy RB's...
    That's quite possibly right. Chadman thought the same in the great "Timmons vs Poszluzny" debate when everyone was hammering on about how great Poz was going to be. Given where each is now- the Steelers got it right.

Not convinced the Steelers will be chasing an ILB that early, anyway..

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    i don't claim to be a football guru like yourself...but the last time I checked making a basic tackle was in the job description of a football player. That has nothing to do with Warmack or the other ND defenders. It is what it is...he had a bad game. Just wonder what it means for his stock in the draft.
    Yes you are correct. And the Steelers have one of the best defensive football players (when healthy), in the entire world who misses tackles like that as well.

Manti Te'o missed a couple of tackles in the open field versus a fabulous running back.

And your point is?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    hawaiian, dont waste your time trying to explain the game of football to these guys.

Dick Butkus in his prime would not have been able to shake Chance Warmack one on one at the second level.
    And that might be the reason we should take Warmack if he's available. It's definitely not a need, but I'm thinking he just might be BPA when we pick.

Guess we can always try and trade down since we don't need the BPA.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think what we saw was a result of a great coach and a championship team getting three weeks to prepare for a good coach and a good team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    NFL teams and scouts will look at his complete body of work. Put me down as one who thinks he will be a great player in the NFL. And this game tonight will have nothing to do with it one way or the other.
    Yes, they will. But this game will count for more than most other games in scouts' analysis. As some have said, this is the sort of pro style offense and talent he will see on a weekly basis. I'm sure scouts and coach's put a lot more weight on this tape and the Stanford game than offenses that play gimmicky styles or lack NFL talent. The question was if Nix cannot occupy two blockers, is Te'o still a top ten talent. It sure didn't look like it last night. That said, I might still take him with the 17th pick as he has great talent and should be a good pro. But, I certainly would not trade up for him after that game. It matters.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.