Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you were the coaches right now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr.me View Post
    2-get tomlin out of dicks playbook,tomlin pussified this d with cover 2 crap,,,
    Are you serious? The ONLY problem with the secondary is that they cannot catch (and that Will Gay is a scrub) which is not a scheme problem.
    Tomlin and his "cover 2" produced the most overachieving secondary in HISTORY at Tampa Bay. Most cant even name a corner off the top of their head and and that secondary was GREAT.
    That secondary soft? The only household name in that secondary was John Lynch and he was NOT soft. And they were a turnover machine.

Tampa created turnovers in the every one of the first 40 games Tomlin served as secondary coach.

Never once was a secondary more dominant in a SB that the Tomlin coached on in 2002.

between Tampa and This team WHAT HEAD COACH has had more number one pass defenses? He has had at least 6 or 7.

Blame Tomlin for his role in evaluating talent all you want.

But his impact on our secondary? You CANT go there my friend.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They should call way less butt screens in the flat. Those typically go for no gain, and they look really silly.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Are you serious? The ONLY problem with the secondary is that they cannot catch (and that Will Gay is a scrub) which is not a scheme problem.
    Tomlin and his "cover 2" produced the most overachieving secondary in HISTORY at Tampa Bay. Most cant even name a corner off the top of their head and and that secondary was GREAT.
    That secondary soft? The only household name in that secondary was John Lynch and he was NOT soft. And they were a turnover machine.

Tampa created turnovers in the every one of the first 40 games Tomlin served as secondary coach.

Never once was a secondary more dominant in a SB that the Tomlin coached on in 2002.

between Tampa and This team WHAT HEAD COACH has had more number one pass defenses? He has had at least 6 or 7.

Blame Tomlin for his role in evaluating talent all you want.

But his impact on our secondary? You CANT go there my friend.
    didnt say a word about the secondary being soft,,,but dont tell me u havent noticed since tomlin got here there is no more extra pressures(blitzes from everywhere)...hence the lack of turnover possibilities....hes affraid to let dick call blitzes(so u dont take chances u dont get turnovers)pussified

Rookie

User Info Menu

I honestly don't believe that Tomlin tells LeBeau that he can't blitz...

It's the players...when Harrison and Woodley were healthy, there were craptons of sacks...

And two defensive players of the year...yeah, Tomlin sure sissified things...

Banned

User Info Menu

They don't blitz hardly, and when they do it's ILBs coming up the middle.

The "exotic" blitzes haven't been seen for quite a while. Teams know what's coming. They just have to be patient. Carson Palmer is, which is why his pathetic ass has beaten LeBeau three times since 2009 alone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr.me View Post
    didnt say a word about the secondary being soft,,,but dont tell me u havent noticed since tomlin got here there is no more extra pressures(blitzes from everywhere)...hence the lack of turnover possibilities....hes affraid to let dick call blitzes(so u dont take chances u dont get turnovers)pussified
    We had 51 sacks in 2008- Under Tomlin/Lebeau
    NEVER was our defense better under Cowher/Lebeau

Harrison had 16
    Woodley had 11
    Timmons (as a backup) had 5 sacks along with Farriors 3.5 blitzing from the inside
    The rest of the 51 were scattered around

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would give playing time to the two current players who have the most potential to be impact players for us: Jarvis Jones and Markus Wheaton. I'm not saying either of these two are "ready", but this team is sorely in need of an infusion. We need hunger, we need energy, we need a spark.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Again, this. [URL]http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kacsmar-dont-believe-hype-steelers-d[/URL]

Not saying it's the only problem but this D is NOT 2008. And even that year it had trouble keeping leads.

Lemming keeps talking about #1 passing defenses. I don't give a rats ass if they cannot hold a lead in the 4th Q or create ANY turnovers.

This current Steelers team has issues all around. Plenty of blame to go around. As good as the defenses have been statisically (can't complain about that) that just doesn't win games. And I am tired of making sure I have a full pitcher of beer in the 4th Q when we miraculously have lead and we lose it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It doesn't win games when your O goes three and out on, what, 7 out of the first 8 drives? And fumbles the ball into the EZ instead of scoring...

After all that, the D gave up a grand total of 16 points...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It doesn't win games when your O goes three and out on, what, 7 out of the first 8 drives? And fumbles the ball into the EZ instead of scoring...

After all that, the D gave up a grand total of 16 points...
    The offense sucked too. Defense played well last week. But the trends with the D are obvious.