Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore applauded by scouts at pro day

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So many are ok with waiting on Lattimore...So here is your question. Knowing the Steelers situation...Do you really think the Steelers will use 2 out of their first 4 picks on RB??? So the 4th rounder on Lattimore isn't the solution for 2013...Where is that solution if they don't sign a Bradshaw?

Lattimore is a "Luxury" pick for a team that can wait. He may be a high risk / high reward player. Steelers...At this time...Don't have any "luxuries" heading into this draft.

If the Steelers want to sign Bradshaw and take Lattimore from the 5th on back...I'm ok with that. The percentage of draft choices that make an NFL team in rounds 5-7 makes "the reward" worth the risk. Anywhere inside the top 4 rounds is way to risky. Can't use hindsight on this one with his injuries. If this story has a happy ending, the word "Lucky" will be used when referring to where he was drafted...Not the word "Brilliant."

Legend

User Info Menu

we can afford to wait a year on Lattimore... I know some think our window is closing but I don't see a SB in our future next year. Sorry, I think we are in rebuilding mode.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we can afford to wait a year on Lattimore... I know some think our window is closing but I don't see a SB in our future next year. Sorry, I think we are in rebuilding mode.
    The question, of course, is does Kevin Colbert think that?

Legend

User Info Menu

2013 April Fools NFL Mock Draft: Picks 17-32

Last update: Sunday, April 1, 2013. Major changes in all 1 rounds.

1(17). Pittsburgh Steelers: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Many projected that Marcus Lattimore would go higher than expected, but no one thought he'd be chosen in the middle of the first round. Head coach Mike Tomlin acknowledged the severity of Lattimore's knee injury, but said that his new runner would take the field in September.

"I'm fully aware that Marcus had a knee, but I look at that as a positive rather than a negative," said Tomlin with a crazy look in his eye. "Having Lattimore hop around on one leg will give us an advantage over other teams."

How so? Tomlin explained.

"This new helmet rule - a team that can have its running backs use their helmet will have a distinct advantage," Tomlin continued. "Without the use of one leg, Lattimore won't have a choice but to use his helmet, and I'm sure Roger Goodell and the officials will understand if Marcus has to use his helmet to compensate."

Goodell was not available for comment about this, as he was hiding under his desk in fear of Jaqen H'ghar.

[URL]http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013aprilfools_1.php[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think they need to wait a year on Lattimore... I think he'd play this season... he'll just be BETTER in a year... he's ahead of schedule per docs..
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Rookie

User Info Menu

If he's there in round 3 I take him.

It's not like they haven't drafted worse in the same round with no chance of this high of a payoff.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lattimore hasn't tested his knee with contact and he won't until someone drafts him and he gets on the field. I think the doctors will advise him AFTER he is drafted to not go through physical contact in camp and put off seeing the field. That would make him a PUP canidate and have up to 9 weeks. No Thanks inside the Top 4 rounds. If they sign Bradshaw...Then they may have the luxury. The guy is a talent when & if ever again healthy. Since this is football, I'm not giving anyone a check in the box of "catastrophic knee injury healed" based upon how fast he is coming along and what he looks like in shorts. I would treat Lattimore the way I would treat Spence for 2013 when it comes to the draft...."Not counting on him". Anywhere from 5th on back presents great value IF he ever returns to his old self.

From what I hear they are plucking at Michaeal's brain. He could be the RB with the most upside in this draft. Don't be surprised to see Bradshaw AND/OR Michaels in a Steelers uniform next year with only on familiar face in the backfield...Which would be Dwyer. Redman should have tripped Dwyer & beat him to the desk to sign his tender.

Legend

User Info Menu

Christine Michael also has an injury history (broken leg in 2010 and torn ACL in 2011), plus he has character questions, and is limited in his ability to catch passes out of the backfield and pass block. No thanks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Christine Michael also has an injury history (broken leg in 2010 and torn ACL in 2011), plus he has character questions, and is limited in his ability to catch passes out of the backfield and pass block. No thanks.
    I know his medical background. He played in 12 games in '09, 9 games in '10, 10 games in '11, & 11 games in '12. After his ACL in '11 he split time with Malena and scored 12 TDS on the ground. Whats more important is Michael finished the season on the football field and completed all his workouts. He has gone through the whole process. There are no questions if he may ever be able to play at a high level like Lattimore because of his health. He will be a player who can come into camp & compete.

Kirby Wilson worked him hard as his proday and he is coming in for a visit. Character questions never stopped the Steelers from drafting talent. It can't be injury issues on Michael you don't like because you have a mock filled with injury issue prospects in Jones, Alford, Lattimore, & Renfree. He has flaws in his game, I would agree more than Lattimore. Both their flaws are coachable but they both posess the traits to succeed. A healthy Lattimore is a late 1st early second and Michael's flaws drop him where he is now. Lattimore has an uphill battle to see the field in camp and he may never return to who he was. If I'm spending a pick inside the top 4 rounds on a RB depleted team with no starter penciled in...I'm making sure the rookie is at 100% for mini camp...And not 2014 mini camp.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY;556566]So many are ok with waiting on Lattimore...So here is your question. Knowing the Steelers situation...Do you really think the Steelers will use 2 out of their first 4 picks on RB??? So the 4th rounder on Lattimore isn't the solution for 2013...Where is that solution if they don't sign a Bradshaw?

I believe the Steelers will draft a RB even if we sign Bradshaw, but no we wouldn't be using 2 picks in the first four to get one. I would draft one in the third or fourth. We don't know for sure if we would sign Ahmad and if we did could he play a full season without getting injured again? As for RB's my preference would be Le'veon Bell.