Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Challenge to the Planet Steeler Community.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    As a general rule of thumb around here, the fans will typically post as well as the team plays. The real fix to the board is for us to just play better.
    You mean.....the posts should be even worse?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    that's stupid. why would we do that?

j/k...
    Agree...most dumbest post I have read in like forever!

Actually, I agree...we don't need to add fuel to the fire and make this any worse than it has to be. I have lowered my expectations for the Steelers this season. Maybe that is a "defeatest" attitude but I will try to not allow it to effect my extremely professional posting style.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    So when it is bad like it is now, you would rather not live in reality? Try to find silver linings and be positive when the team is horrible? Ok. Cool.
    I think we'd settle for posters not being douchebags...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You mean.....the posts should be even worse?
    basically. at the rate we're playing i'm surprised to find any good discussion

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    basically. at the rate we're playing i'm surprised to find any good discussion
    True, but there is no excuse for douchebaggery...

Starter

User Info Menu

Boy this thread has got me thinking. Even with an 0-2 record there are sooooooooooo many positives that never get discussed. We only focus on the negatives after a loss. I also challenge everyone on board to up their games and be a little more positive. Here are some of the positives about this season that dont seem to get discussed.

#1 The Steelers have displayed excellent sportsmanship in both of the games this season. Its so nice to see the Steelers shaking hands with the opposing team after losses. It really sets a great example for any kids watching the game.

#2 Win or lose Mike Tomlin is the most well spoken coach in the league. Even in defeat he never ceases to amaze me with his wit and intelligent dialog. We have the only head coach in the league that could moonlight as a famous rapper. Can you even imagine.

Yo, Yo, The standard is the standard
    On Sundays I drop balls like Emanuel Sanders

#3 Our offensive line has really improved in one very important area. Our lineman are getting stabbed much less often than they were earlier in the year. As a matter of fact, for the months of August and September our lineman are getting stabbed 100% less often than they were in July. This is a huge improvement by our O-Line and should not be overlooked.

#4 I for one thought the field looked great against the Titans. Great job by the grounds crew on making the playing surface at Heinz Field look great!!!

#5 Last but not least, now that the NFL believes in "Rain Delays", its nice that the Steelers have had good weather. Each week of this season, one game has had a rain delay. Im glad that Steeler fans havent had to endure watching the umpires send the Steelers to the dugout while the grounds crew tarps the football field.
    Last edited by 7 UP; 09-19-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Boy this thread has got me thinking. Even with a 0-2 record there are sooooooooooo many positives that never get discussed. We only focus on the negatives after a loss. I also challenge everyone on board to up their games and be a little more positive. Here are some of the positives about this season that dont seem to get discussed.

#1 The Steelers have displayed excellent sportsmanship in both of the games this season. Its so nice to see the Steelers shaking hands with the opposing team after losses. It really sets a great example for any kids watching the game.

#2 Win or lose Mike Tomlin is the most well spoken coach in the league. Even in defeat he never ceases to amaze me with his wit and intelligent dialog. We have the only head coach in the league that could moonlight as a famous rapper. Can you even imagine.

#3 Our offensive line has really improved in one very important area. Our lineman are getting stabbed much less often than they were earlier in the year. As a matter of fact, for the months of August and September our lineman are getting stabbed 100% less often than they were in July. This is a huge improvement by our O-Line and should not be overlooked.

#4 I for one thought the field looked great against the Titans. Great job by the grounds crew on making the playing surface at Heinz Field look great!!!

#5 Last but not least, now that the NFL believes in "Rain Delays", its nice that the Steelers have had good weather. Each week of this season, one game has had a rain delay. Im glad that Steeler fans havent had to endure watching the umpires send the Steelers to the dugout while the grounds crew tarps the football field.
    This is quality posting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Dear Planet Steeler members,

These first two games have been difficult to watch. There is much blame to be shared in the organization. This could be a long and frustrating season. As a coping mechanism, lets all raise the bar on the quality of our posts. Lets make this place better. I have read several thoughtful, articulate arguments and thoughts this week. But, like the Steelers, there is still a lot of room for improvement. We can up the ante a bit if each poster tries to raise the level of discourse with more reflection, thoughtful analysis, and creative suggestions. In short, less flaming, harping, and crying, and instead, more open-minded polite, yet spirited and intelligent conversations. I don't expect a utopian football discussion, but we could make our commiserations more fruitful and perhaps even find a few silver linings.

Thanks for reading,
    steelblood

I support your suggestion. The board has becomes difficult reading sometimes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really? you need to quit. That's just EMBARRASSING.

You redeem yourself here. Hilarious. Very nice.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Really? you need to quit. That's just EMBARRASSING.

You redeem yourself here. Hilarious. Very nice.
    Lol. The rap thing was a bit much. Was having a few drinks when I wrote it. Seemed funny to me at the time.