Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RB Dwyer on way to the 'Burgh now

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    wake up call? If I'm Dwyer I walk in the place like I own it. Stupid azzz coaches... this is a wake up call for OUR dumb azzz coaches.
    Gotta agree Diz. And I refuse less than my original deal, not no vet minimum. I don't care if nobody else called. They need money, get it from Redman.

People can criticize him for being fat before but he DID the work lost the weight played hard and won the job.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

So he goes from being cut to being a starter in 2 weeks...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    So he goes from being cut to being a starter in 2 weeks...
    which means we screwed up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    He's only coming back because LaSH was hurt. It's not like any other teams saw him out there and said, "We've got to have that guy!"
    Rosters are pretty much set and most teams will call a guy who is familiar with the playbook...

we are probably the only team picking up guys like Felix Jones late and we only did it to spite Dwyer and ourselves.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Good. They will need him and if being cut didn't motivate him...Nothing will.
    why would that motivate him? He was first to sign.... was cut for Felix Jones who saw no touches and doesn't know the playbook. Redman didn't play a meaningful snap in preseason and Howling was also dinged up in preseason.

Why would this be his wake up call? It's OUR wake up call. Stop playing favorites and putting guys in the doghouse while giving everyone else the benefit of the doubt.

If we didn't want him why did we give him the bulk of the carries in preseason? This FO is freaking stupid.

Starter

User Info Menu

I wonder if Dwyer put on 30 lbs since he was cut? Im being serious. You think he will be motivated? I think he will be more than a little disgruntled. You took a guy with questionable work ethic, got him to come into camp in shape and run hard. Then when he proves himself you cut him. Now thanks to your own stupidity you need him back desperately. Run through this brick wall JD. Once you get to the other side Im gonna cut ya.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I wonder if Dwyer put on 30 lbs since he was cut? Im being serious. You think he will be motivated? I think he will be more than a little disgruntled. You took a guy with questionable work ethic, got him to come into camp in shape and run hard. Then when he proves himself you cut him. Now thanks to your own stupidity you need him back desperately. Run through this brick wall JD. Once you get to the other side Im gonna cut ya.
    I doubt he put on the pounds because he knows this RB crew stinks... and I'm not even a Dwyer fan but I can see him being a little disgruntled as well and rightfully so.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe our yards per carry will improve from 0.8 to a full yard!!!

Banned

User Info Menu

The coaches didn't cut Dwyer. The front office did.

He's a bigger man than me. I would have told Art II to get bent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    which means we screwed up.
    He won't start Monday night, because of coaching staff ego. He will enter the game in the 2nd quarter or at some time after the other backs are once again ineffective.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount