Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we still think Haley is the problem?

Legend

User Info Menu

Fake (!) bubble screen ... going for it on 4th down ... rolling Ben out ... TD pass to Paulson ... not to mention the "Ben Gun" no-huddle for what seemed like an entire game and then some ...

I can't see that as predictable play-calling.

37 points ... I hope that part DOES become predictable!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Wasn't it Haley who predicted this offense was on the verge of exploding?.... to the laughter of some fans??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Wasn't it Haley who predicted this offense was on the verge of exploding?.... to the laughter of some fans??
    It wasn't until we abandoned the main reason that Haley was brought in here that we started to "explode". Our run stats from yesterday were abysmal. But if what we did yesterday is what we're good at, screw the traditional power run game. Make the no huddle / spread offense the staple from here on out. If short passes to Bell is our run game, so be it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It wasn't until we abandoned the main reason that Haley was brought in here that we started to "explode". Our run stats from yesterday were abysmal. But if what we did yesterday is what we're good at, screw the traditional power run game. Make the no huddle / spread offense the staple from here on out. If short passes to Bell is our run game, so be it.
    Yep..whatever it takes to move the ball down field. Bell in the flat is great... keep using him in the passing game and use the pass to set up a few runs.

Legend

User Info Menu

However it went down yesterday, rinse and repeat until someone proves they can stop it. The play calls were creative and the pace of the offense was breaking the Lions' backs. When they went for the fake field goal, I'm sure they thought, "No big deal, we've pinned them at the 5 yard line". We drove the nail into their coffin when we drove the length of the field after that. Very creative, aggressive play calling for that entire signature drive. And even after that drive, we kept the foot on the accelerator. Screw the mandates from Rooney and company. This is not a power run offense yet, no matter how much they'd like it to be. Do what we do best and let the cards fall where they may.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Did you guys watch the game last night? Both teams were making mistakes even the great Peyton Manning was missing open receivers. Point being NOBODY plays a perfect game, you have to give some credit to your opponent. We double our scoring output and there is still nitpicking about this and that. We need to run the ball better, we need to string wins together. Which is more important of course WINNING is more important. If we run the ball and lose, we complain. If we pass the ball and lose we complain. If we double our scoring output, we complain. See the pattern we are a bunch complainers. Personally I would like to see us keep the no huddle and run more out of the formations and be more creative with red zone pass patterns. The reason why Peyton didn't even get knocked last night because he held the ball 2 seconds or less on most of his passes. Get some input from the receivers on what patterns they can run to get open in 2 seconds and that would help trememdously.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I believe so. Doesn't seem that Haley can do anything right.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bowldog View Post
    Did you guys watch the game last night? Both teams were making mistakes even the great Peyton Manning was missing open receivers. Point being NOBODY plays a perfect game, you have to give some credit to your opponent. We double our scoring output and there is still nitpicking about this and that. We need to run the ball better, we need to string wins together. Which is more important of course WINNING is more important. If we run the ball and lose, we complain. If we pass the ball and lose we complain. If we double our scoring output, we complain. See the pattern we are a bunch complainers. Personally I would like to see us keep the no huddle and run more out of the formations and be more creative with red zone pass patterns. The reason why Peyton didn't even get knocked last night because he held the ball 2 seconds or less on most of his passes. Get some input from the receivers on what patterns they can run to get open in 2 seconds and that would help trememdously.
    I have friends that have actually complained about the Steelers after Super Bowl wins. SMH...

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

We are so spoiled!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I like your idea about the Ben Gun being our Staples ("That was easy!"), and short passes to Bell being our run game until we have at least a majority of our O-line being better than complete suck wads.

None of us know for sure, but I would guess that Haley's hiring marching orders weren't to do anything more or less than to put a lot of points on the board, and to keep Ben healthy. I think he did that pretty well yesterday, and I would guess no manager/owner worth his salt would care how his OC put his players in a position to score 37 points and win a game, just that he did it.

For the record, I may be one of the few people on the planet who didn't have a problem with the dink'n'dunk quick short passes of the beginning part of the season. We lost Pouncey, our OL replacements sucked, we didn't have a running game to play action into to take the heat off Ben ... if Ben had been asked to hold on to the ball for more than 2 seconds, he would have been turned into mince meat. For whatever reason, we were ready yesterday for something else, and that is what was called. Maybe the OL is getting better? I'm not so sure, but I do agree - ride this horse till the wheels come off!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!