Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Wally is our new BA

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That may be our best hope for retaining Wallace. Good teams already have good #1 receivers. Wallace is most going to be in demand by teams that don't have a good #1 WR which for the most part are bad teams. Maybe that convinces him to stay, but probably not.

The one exception that would scare me to death is New England. They don't have a true #1 receiver and Wallace would be a major coup for them.
    In addition to the above

Arizona - He's be a #2
    Chicago - #2
    Giants - Hard to tell but I think Nicks and Cruz are better overall WRs
    Eagles - #3
    NO - #3
    Texans - #2
    Lions - #2
    Falcons - #3 at best
    Bengals - Likely the #2
    Dallas - #2 or #3
    49ers - Probably #2 (maybe)

I could keep going but I won't.

I could see the Browns, Carolina and Miami be a likely target. I'm sure there are a few others as well.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

That may be our best hope for retaining Wallace. Good teams already have good #1 receivers. Wallace is most going to be in demand by teams that don't have a good #1 WR which for the most part are bad teams. Maybe that convinces him to stay, but probably not.

The one exception that would scare me to death is New England. They don't have a true #1 receiver and Wallace would be a major coup for them.
    But we've already seen if a WR doesn't run good routes, Brady ignores him. See Chad Johnson from last year. NE would be better served spending money on D than getting another O weapon they are getting along fine without.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Antonio Brown has produced 60.7 YpG this season...he has 9 catches of over 20 yards and converted 38 1st downs...

Mike Wallace has produced 58.8 YpG this season...he also has 9 catches of over 20 yards and converted 32 1st downs...

There is no question that their roles are different...Wallace runs more deep routes and Brown is asked to work underneath and move the chains...but, it isn't like Wallace is having this epic season compared to Brown...
    Good post. Good info...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    In addition to the above

Arizona - He's be a #2
    Chicago - #2
    Eagles - #3
    NO - #3
    Texans - #2
    Lions - #2
    Falcons - #3 at best
    Bengals - Likely the #2
    Dallas - #2 or #3

I could see the Browns, Carolina and Miami be a likely target. I'm sure there are a few others as well.
    I could see the Ravens having some interest.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I could see the Ravens having some interest.
    Tampa also has a ton of money but they already have Jackson as their #1, I think the Ravens view Torrey Smith as as good as Wallace and they won't spend $10M for Wallace because their defense is falling apart.

Seattle is also a good option because they feel they now have their QB and need a #1 WR.

I'm telling you, watch New England.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Tampa also has a ton of money but they already have Jackson as their #1, I think the Ravens view Torrey Smith as as good as Wallace and they won't spend $10M for Wallace because their defense is falling apart.

Seattle is also a good option because they feel they now have their QB and need a #1 WR.

I'm telling you, watch New England.
    New England wouldn't even cough up money to keep Welker for the long term...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    New England wouldn't even cough up money to keep Welker for the long term...
    Age is the factor with Welker. Not a factor with Wallace.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    In addition to the above

Arizona - He's be a #2
    Chicago - #2
    Eagles - #3
    NO - #3
    Texans - #2
    Lions - #2
    Falcons - #3 at best
    Bengals - Likely the #2
    Dallas - #2 or #3

So basically, what you are saying, is that if he went to a team with a stud WR, he'd be starting opposite that stud WR.

In Arizona, he would start opposite Fitz.
    In Chicago, he would start opposite Marshall.
    In Houston, he would start opposite Andre.
    In Detroit, he would start opposite Calvin.
    In Cincy, he would start opposite Green.
    In Dallas, he would start opposite Dez.

Not much of a surprise there at all.

Atlanta has 2 bona fide studs in Julio and Roddy. I'll give you that one.
    The Giants' Nicks and Cruz I have on the same tier as Wallace...neither is clearly better or clearly worse in my mind...it's a matter of personal preference here, I would say.
    In New Orleans, I'd also put Colston on that same tier with Wallace and the Giants wideouts, but Lance Moore is only a slot guy (been in the league for 8 years and his next thousand yard receiving season will be his first, in spite of working with a QB who has multiple 5000 yard passing season).

Mike Wallace is better than anything Philly or San Fran has at wideout. Jackson? Maclin? Crabtree? Please.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yeah, saying he is #3 in philly really hurts your credibility.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Mike Wallace is better than anything Philly or San Fran has at wideout. Jackson? Maclin? Crabtree? Please.
    Crabtree's numbers are almost identical to Wally's this year.