Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could swithcing to a 4-3 really fix this much?

Legend

User Info Menu

How could the D rank #1 4 out of the past 6 year's or something like that if every one know's this Defence so well.

Where did the offense rank in time of possession?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok- consider Chadman to be dumb- but why will the 4-3 work better than the 3-4, exactly?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

The O ranked #1 in Time of Possession
    points per game 22

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I think the D-linemen we are kind of sour on would actually thrive in a 4-3. I really think a DL of Woodley, Hood, McClendon, T'amu (if he's not in jail), Heyward, Woods and a few rookies could get us off to a good start. Not saying that DL would be instantly a top DL in the league, but it would be good enough to win. And I think getting fat boy at DE and Worilds to the starter at OLB with Harrison, and Timmons in the middle, would do fine. We could go from being thin to having depth.
    Worilds we be a DE in a 4-3 and Harrison (if he returns) is better suited in a 3-4. Timmons profiles best as a OLB in a 4-3, leaving the Steelers with holes at 2 linebacker spots. You need a lot more at DE than Worilds/Woodley, and I cannot fathom why you would be a defense that features Ziggy Hood, Cam Heyward, Al Woods, a guy on the practice squad and Steve McClendon.

Backup

User Info Menu

I am certain that switching to the 4-3 will fix the offense....

We absolutely should make the switch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blitz71burgh71 View Post
    The O ranked #1 in Time of Possession
    points per game 22
    And when they rank 20th in starting field position, and near the bottom in turnovers forced? You aren't going to score 30 points a game.

Simply takes too much time off the clock when you go 75-80 for the majority of the points you score.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

We had #1 D in yards and #5 in scoring D. Defense overall was not the problem. Offensive inconsistency is the problem.CHALLENGE - we had 8 losses this season Can we think of no more than 8 plays/incidents that could have turned 4 of those losses into wins?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And when they rank 20th in starting field position, and near the bottom in turnovers forced? You aren't going to score 30 points a game.

Simply takes too much time off the clock when you go 75-80 for the majority of the points you score.
    A lot of the blame for field position rests with the special teams. The penalties from that unit often left the Steelers with bad field position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep. That too. And giving up a first down then getting a punt, followed by the penalty.

Fantasy football has killed football logic.

Backup

User Info Menu

And the Patriots were less then 2 min's in top behind Steelers but scored over 30 points a game