Thread: Wexell has lots of great Steelers/Combine info

Starter

User Info Menu

Wexell has lots of great Steelers/Combine info

I don't want this to come off as a commercial, and mods, feel free to remove it if it shouldn't be here.

With the NFL Combine happening now, there's no better spot to get Steelers info than Wexell's site [URL]http://pit.scout.com/[/URL]

It's a pay site, but it's so worth it. Great insight on all players, especially the players meeting with the Steelers. Awesome stuff.

Again, if this shouldn't be here, feel free to take it down, but as a Steelers fan, it's an incredible place to get info direct from the combine.

** I have no connection at all to Wexell or his site. He just seems to get waaaay more info than the PG or Trib guys do.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't have access to the pay site portion, but just the headline that the Steelers are focused more on defensive ends than NTs or ILBs is interesting.

From what he said on twitter, looks like lots of meetings with top DBs and big WRs (and Ebron), but interestingly, no meeting with Mike Evans.
    Last edited by phillyesq; 02-23-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like this

And to add to my [URL="http://pit.scout.com/2/1377735.html"]Day 2 story[/URL] on the Steelers looking at big receivers, some next-day stragglers updated that.NFL.com interviewed tight end Eric Ebron (6-4.3, 250) after he ran his 4.6 40. Ebron revealed he had a sit-down interview with coach Mike Tomlin.
    I would link to the video, but the reporter spent most of his time prying into Ebron's remark that Jacksonville "came at him" at their interview. After the third time the reporter brought it up, Ebron just said, "I think me and Mike Tomlin had a great conversation. We were in there just cutting it up as if we've known each other for a long time. As I was explaining my history, I felt he felt me more than anybody."
    Penn State's Allen Robinson showed up Saturday and said he has met with 12 teams, the Steelers being one of them. Mike Evans of Texas A&M also took to the podium and smoothly displayed his intelligence, but he told me later that he has not talked to the Steelers.
    I joked on twitter that Evans just might be there guy. Hey, sometimes there's smoke and sometimes there's misdirection.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I like this
    Smoke and mirrors, or substance ? Who knows ? All i will say is that since Tomlin became Head Coach,...we have been playing absolute checkers as opposed to chess as an organization in regards to the draft.

Aaaah,.......but what do i know,.....that's just wacky coincidence.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A combine interview that is seen as “two people cutting itup as if they have known each other for a long time”, is an interview thatsounds like it failed.
    One in which this young man was probably deliberately put ateaseto get his guard down.

That’s my guess.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Smoke and mirrors, or substance ? Who knows ? All i will say is that since Tomlin became Head Coach,...we have been playing absolute checkers as opposed to chess as an organization in regards to the draft.

Aaaah,.......but what do i know,.....that's just wacky coincidence.
    The fact that you have us drafting a 6th round RB in the second shows us all we need to know.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    The fact that you have us drafting a 6th round RB in the second shows us all we need to know.
    Exactly,...because there is no way Gaffney lasts until the 6th round, based upon collegiate productivity and his combine performance baby girl.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Exactly,...because there is no way Gaffney lasts until the 6th round, based upon collegiate productivity and his combine performance baby girl.
    Gaffney may not last until the 6th round, but that doesn't mean you need to draft him in the 2nd round either...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha