Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It's done.....Harrison is a Bengal

Backup

User Info Menu

Does anyone know the amount of the deal yet? Curious to how they signed him for

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Does anyone know the amount of the deal yet? Curious to how they signed him for
    Nope.. but I heard we still owe him 5 mill this season...

Anyone know if this is true?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Nope.. but I heard we still owe him 5 mill this season...

Anyone know if this is true?
    Not true.

He counts $5 mil against the cap, but for signing bonus and contract restructurings in the past...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Not true.

He counts $5 mil against the cap, but for signing bonus and contract restructurings in the past...
    Cap number is all I care about since it aint my money.

What people fail to realize is that a large chunk of the total cap hit had he stayed was going to happen anyway.
    Because much of his hit includes the signing bonus etc, we did not save 10 plus mil in cap space cutting him, more like half that.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Harrison contract shows what a beating he took
    Posted by Darin Gantt on April 24, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT

As it pertains to new Bengals linebacker James Harrison, we now have a dollar figure to attach to pride.

And his was costly.

According to Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange, Harrison’s new two-year deal with the Bengals is worth $4.45 million, including a $1.2 million signing bonus.

The deal includes base salaries of $1.4 million and $1.1 million, workout bonuses of $100,000 each year, and per-game roster bonuses which could total $300,000 this year and $250,000 next year.

That means his maximum payout this year is $3 million.

Compare that to the what he could have made in Pittsburgh, and he clearly lost this offseason.

According to an earlier report, Harrison turned down a 30 percent pay cut from the Steelers, which included a chance to earn the balance back in incentives.

Based on the $6.57 million in base salary he would have received before he was released, that comes out to around $4.5 million this year.

So while he said he didn’t hate the Steelers, he’ll doubtless be motivated to make up the difference on the field twice this season.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/harrison-contract-shows-what-a-beating-he-took/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/harrison-contract-shows-what-a-beating-he-took/[/URL]
    hindsight is 20/20... at the time Harrison thought he was worth more... and while he lost $1.5 mill he still gets a chance to show if he IS worth more..

I hope he proves it in 14 games... but not in the other 2.

Legend

User Info Menu

hindsight is 20/20... at the time Harrison thought he was worth more... and while he lost $1.5 mill he still gets a chance to show if he IS worth more..

I hope he proves it in 14 games... but not in the other 2.
    I don't want him proving squat in the other 14 games. He's playing in our division. I want him to suck badly and cost Cincy a playoff spot that we end up taking. F the Bengals, Browns, Ravens and every team that stands in our way to getting into the SuperBowl.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't want him proving squat in the other 14 games. He's playing in our division. I want him to suck badly and cost Cincy a playoff spot that we end up taking. F the Bengals, Browns, Ravens and every team that stands in our way to getting into the SuperBowl.
    Yes. I hope him professional failure forever. Personal happiness good on him, hope he finds it.

I want the Bumgals to regret the day they signed Harrison. No way do I want anyone on another team we play to be successful...ever.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

I would prefer he knock the snot out of the Ravens and Cleveland... while dropping 2 to us.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would prefer he knock the snot out of the Ravens and Cleveland... while dropping 2 to us.

While I get your point I agree with Flippy and Ovi on this DESPITE being one of the most vocal JH backers here.
    Now that he is gone, "I hope" he is indeed washed up as a player, because it confirms the team's choice.

The better he plays the worse I will feel that the team let him go.

JH "says" he feels as good as he did since 2009. I hope this is not true.
    Two bad games versus us is just part of it for me.
    I will be sick if this guy makes the probowl as a Bengal, especially if our defense declines (as I expect it will).

I dont hate JH, or resent him, I just will feel better knowing the team made the right choices.

My POV here would be vindicated if he dominates as a Bengal, but I hope I am wrong.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher