Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Lacy-RB Alabama

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Im sure some of you heard it, but in the ESPN post game coverage of the NC, Herbstriet ( I think it was) said that Lacy should be running for the Steelers. I thought that was kinda funny.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    While Lacy is a superior talent, both Redman & Dwyer resemble the type of RB you mention. Given that the Steelers are losing their biggest strike weapon in Wallace, and their biggest 'big play' RB in Mendenhall, wouldn't the Steelers be better off adding some strike power as opposed to another 'grinder'?
    Exactly right.

Just so everyone knows, Dwyer would've had 200 yards in that game too. Dwyer is a superior talent himself... he's just a pu$s. I don't know much about this Lacy other than he had a good game this Monday. It's silly to even consider taking him. Or Warmack for that matter!

We need DEFENSE. Don't give me no crap about #1 defense and all that. Over the past two years, I would guess we are 32nd (or marginally better) in getting takeaways. That is a function of nobody flying around (i.e. too old). We need young, spry, crazy young kids on defense.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    We need DEFENSE. Don't give me no crap about #1 defense and all that. Over the past two years, I would guess we are 32nd (or marginally better) in getting takeaways. That is a function of nobody flying around (i.e. too old). We need young, spry, crazy young kids on defense.
    What we need is the offense to focus on not giving the ball away...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Are there any good playmakers at1-17 in this draft?? I don't want Steelers to draft Defense for the sake of it.

I think there is more value at 1-17 on Offensive side. I would not mind taking OT-Jake Matthews at 1-17 if he is still there.

Also what about Eric Reid from LSU?? Where is he expected to go?
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Exactly right.

Just so everyone knows, Dwyer would've had 200 yards in that game too. Dwyer is a superior talent himself... he's just a pu$s. I don't know much about this Lacy other than he had a good game this Monday. It's silly to even consider taking him. Or Warmack for that matter!

If Dwyer is a pu$$ then he isn't a superior talent. It appears Lacy runs with attitude and that's what the Steelers need, IMO. I'd like to see this guy in black and gold. Dwyer, Redmon, Rainey and Batch didn't seem to want the job. Mendenhall has probably wore out his welcome, he's the best back the Steelers have.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If Dwyer is a pu$$ then he isn't a superior talent. It appears Lacy runs with attitude and that's what the Steelers need, IMO. I'd like to see this guy in black and gold. Dwyer, Redmon, Rainey and Batch didn't seem to want the job. Mendenhall has probably wore out his welcome, he's the best back the Steelers have.

Pappy
    ...and Mendehall didn't seem to want the job either...

Legend

User Info Menu

Dwyer takes himself out of the game too often- agreed.... but his running style does not go hand-in-hand with people questioning how hard he plays. He runs hard, he keeps his legs pumping.

Same with Redman.

The problem isn't desire to run hard- it's not being able to turn 3 yards into 6, 10... more.

There is no 'take it to the house' threat at RB, particularly now that Tweety Mendenhall & his evil mind is on his way out of town.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

I saw good things from Dwyer... but the bad was REALLY bad. I think he will always be "almost there" like our offense in general.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

WE NEED SPEED!!!!!!! On D we need to be able to pressure the qb more consistantly, that would solve the problem with lack of turnovers. On O we need to attack the seams with WR, similar to how the Saints do it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bowldog View Post
    WE NEED SPEED!!!!!!! On D we need to be able to pressure the qb more consistantly, that would solve the problem with lack of turnovers. On O we need to attack the seams with WR, similar to how the Saints do it.
    ...and wait two years for that "speed" to be allowed to actually play in games on defense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"