Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers CB Ike Taylor says Santonio Holmes and James Harrison would like to return

Legend

User Info Menu

**** Ike better be carefull...
    I heard a few players saying they'd like to have Woodson back to compete with Ike.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    **** Ike better be carefull...
    I heard a few players saying they'd like to have Woodson back to compete with Ike.

Hahahahaha,..and he (Rod) would still beat him (Ike) and every other corner on the roster out. Even between naps and oatmeal breaks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Be nice to have Holmes back, as he's significantly better than anyone we have except Brown. The Steelers can try to get over their Reefer Madness fears. It's idiotic in this day and age to run a quality player out of town for getting high. In a league with dozens of semi-literate thugs getting drunk every night, is smoking dope really a problem?

Legend

User Info Menu

No thanks. The past is the past and Holmes and Harrison should stay there.

While some don't seem to mind "high times" the reality is that it is against the NFL rules and Holmes would be a terrible influence on younger players. Holmes put getting high ahead of the team before so why would we want Stupidio Part II. He was a bad attitude here and in New York. Let him go back to Florida and get as high as he wants and stay there.

Bringing Harrison back is just acknowledgment that Jones may not be able to make it. Let Jones prove that on the field. As mentioned, Harrison only left because his ego was too big. Thanks for the memories but no thanks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm still a little pissed at Harrison for not accepting a pay cut with us and signing with the Bengals for less. I thought "Steelers first" was bigger then his ego, but he proved that to be wrong. However, we NEED depth at that position. Moats and Carter will not cut it.......Maybe Vince Williams could play outside.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I'm still a little pissed at Harrison for not accepting a pay cut with us and signing with the Bengals for less. I thought "Steelers first" was bigger then his ego, but he proved that to be wrong. However, we NEED depth at that position. Moats and Carter will not cut it.......Maybe Vince Williams could play outside.
    it's business... and IMO JH is the last Steeler who should have taken a pay cut when you have a guy like Woodley making big bucks without producing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it's business... and IMO JH is the last Steeler who should have taken a pay cut when you have a guy like Woodley making big bucks without producing.
    True, but I think with age being an issue the Steelers were hoping Woodley would get back into his old form.

Here is the Ike Show if you'dd like to hear it:

[url]http://filesource.abacast.com/tribtotal/520IKE14.mp3[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree it is business. Fans take it personally and it is silly. Harrison overestimated his market value and tested the market. He did not CHOOSE the Natti over us, when our offer was refused the door was closed to negotiations with us. That's no dis on the Steelers. It was business. And the Steelers have resigned plenty of players who have walked.

It it is about winning. Worilds for half a season is the ONLY OLB ON THIS TEAM WHO has EVER come close to what the aging Harrison did in 2012 coming off of injury. I remain hopeful that Jones will produce but if he can't Harrison would be a nice piece to have. At worst he is the best backup on the team.

Keep this in mind, due to salary cap we can't sign until June 1 right? It would be foolish to leak interest before then. Harrison for one is sweating so he will take anything. No other 3/4 teams will touch him if we aren't interested.

After June first give him a day to sign a very low incentive laden deal or we move on. He is a dirt cheap Steeler again who is at worst our best backup, very possibly better than Jones, splitting time.

It would be so stupid not to take a shot, I have just convinced myself that this is exactly the plan.

So I predict right now this WILL happen.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bringing Harrison back is just acknowledgment that Jones may not be able to make it. Let Jones prove that on the field. As mentioned, Harrison only left because his ego was too big. Thanks for the memories but no thanks.
    What if Jones or Worilds get hurt? We've seen what happens when we move Timmons outside, so that's a big no. Chris Carter? I have as many sacks as he does. Arthur Moats? He has experience playing OLB in a 4-3, but not a 3-4, so I doubt he would be an adequate replacement either.

The Ravens are three deep at OLB and ILB with a mix of young players at veterans at both spots (outside they have vets Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil plus the young Courtney Upshaw and inside they have veteran Daryl Smith plus youngsters Arthur Brown and C.J. Mosley). In order to run a 3-4 that is focused on linebackers to make plays, you need quality depth. Baltimore has that right now, but we do not. Harrison would give us improved depth (not bringing him back to start; just as a situational player and insurance in case one of the starters get hurt).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Be nice to have Holmes back, as he's significantly better than anyone we have except Brown. The Steelers can try to get over their Reefer Madness fears. It's idiotic in this day and age to run a quality player out of town for getting high. In a league with dozens of semi-literate thugs getting drunk every night, is smoking dope really a problem?
    Bring back STONIO, I'd be down with that. Regardless of the POT situation. He is very talented.