Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the Steelers have the best overall RB unit?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Does is really qualify as a song, though ? Or more like an excrement ??
    Good point. "Pop Dat Thing" isn't a song. It's very much inline with the "waste" that I flushed down the toilet this morning. Long story short....it's $hit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think they will be top 3. As much as i
    love Bell there is no fall off with Blount.
    There is absolutely a fall off in overall game....bell is an amazing receiver and built for running the zone stretch, blount can hammer it in but he offers absolutely nothing in the passing game

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Blount is better as a receiver than many give him credit for.

When I watch Bell, I am reminded (old timers take note) of Chuck Foreman for the Vikings from 1973 to 1980. I think Bell can be that type of player who can run for 1,000 yards and catch 40-50 passes.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Blount is better as a receiver than many give him credit for.

When I watch Bell, I am reminded (old timers take note) of Chuck Foreman for the Vikings from 1973 to 1980. I think Bell can be that type of player who can run for 1,000 yards and catch 40-50 passes.
    Hes really, really not.

Theyve tried getting him involved since his days at oregon, with Tenn, with TB, and with NE and thats the one major flaw in his game which given our current group its just fine.

Bell can put up Matt Forte or Shaun Alexander numbers...no doubt in my mind

Also, bell had 45 catches as a rookie after missing 4 games...60+ catches is definitely reasonable, especially if they play on moving him out wide a lot again (with blount in the backfield <3 <3 )

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    There is absolutely a fall off in overall game....bell is an amazing receiver and built for running the zone stretch, blount can hammer it in but he offers absolutely nothing in the passing game
    No disagreement about pass catching but from a running the ball perspective I believe Blount to be just as good.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    No disagreement about pass catching but from a running the ball perspective I believe Blount to be just as good.
    I dont think thats an absurd assumption, but i think Bell is going to tip the scale in his favor this season in the eyes of many

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont think thats an absurd assumption, but i think Bell is going to tip the scale in his favor this season in the eyes of many
    I'm a huge fan of Bell but a fan of anyone who can help this team win games.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the question was "Can the Steelers have the best RB unit this year?" then I would say sure...but do they currently?

They have a second year guy who ran well in limited action last year. He looked good for the most part, but I would call myself "cautiously optimistic" on him now. He is definitely not what you would call a proven commodity.

We signed a guy in the off-season who was mostly a big -man bust up until the playoffs last year. Broke 1,000 yards as a rook in 2010, hasn't surpassed 800 since. 772 as a backup last year, and an explosive 166 yard, 4 TDs performance followed by a 6 yard game. He has never been more than a question mark his whole career.

Certainly possible that behind a coached up line that they could end the year as a great duo, but I don't see any way we can make that proclamation right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    If the question was "Can the Steelers have the best RB unit this year?" then I would say sure...but do they currently?

They have a second year guy who ran well in limited action last year. He looked good for the most part, but I would call myself "cautiously optimistic" on him now. He is definitely not what you would call a proven commodity.

We signed a guy in the off-season who was mostly a big -man bust up until the playoffs last year. Broke 1,000 yards as a rook in 2010, hasn't surpassed 800 since. 772 as a backup last year, and an explosive 166 yard, 4 TDs performance followed by a 6 yard game. He has never been more than a question mark his whole career.

Certainly possible that behind a coached up line that they could end the year as a great duo, but I don't see any way we can make that proclamation right now.
    Blount was on a lot of bad teams in TB. He still had some highlights, even though the team was junk. NE is notorious for running back by committee; no sin for not dropping 1,500 yards there. If you apply the eye test to Blount, he appears a to a capable bruiser. I would put $ on it.

As far as Bell, he was a rookie, #1. He was hurt for a month, #2. He had horrid OL play for most of his games, #3. But when he had a respectable OL play, and better play calling, he came on. My eye test for both of these backs say they are quality. If out OL is improved and stays healthy, our running game will do better than it has in a decade. Can I know it for a fact? Of course not? Can I make a confident prediction? Why not?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought you said that you like to wait until players make plays for the steelers before you start to like them. Which one is it?

You type so much crap, you can't keep it straight