Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Steelers force Lebeau out?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    then it would also be the right time to get our cap in order, meaning releasing ike, troy, woodley, smith and timmons. pouncey and miller too
    don't stop now.... please, keep going.

Legend

User Info Menu

sure.
    people defend tomlin by saying 'he's never had a losing season' and 'he took us to 2 superbowls' even tho this team hasnt won a playoff games in 4 years or been in them for a couple
    Dick Lebeau's defense is the reason we haven't won a playoff game in 3 years.

His D made Tim Tebow look like Montana...
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-28-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Really??

Mike Humpal - out of the NFL
    Bruce Davis - out of the NFL
    Rashon Harris - out of the NFL
    Joe Burnett - out of the NFL

Those are draft picks that were expected to be contributing on this defense but couldn't even cut it in the league. I would say THAT is a lack of talent.
    Makes you question our Def Coord's talent evaluation or development skills doesn't it?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Makes you question our Def Coord's talent evaluation or development skills doesn't it?
    exactly... people act like other teams are choosing our draft picks. These are guys our FO and Lebeau believed will be able to fit our scheme...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    exactly... people act like other teams are choosing our draft picks. These are guys our FO and Lebeau believed will be able to fit our scheme...

tomlin should not be allowed to be involved with the draft process
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I think the 14th ranked defense "appeared" to be bad, because we are so accustomed to seeing a top 5 defense that when we actually saw a mediocre defense that it looked like a bottom third defense, that's what I meant by it "appeared" to be bad. It was bad relative to what we are accustomed to, we're spoiled fans and have been for a long time.

The past two years prove it, 8-8 twice in a row and the fans want Tomlin's head, Haley's head and Lebeau's head, that's what lesser teams do when they hit a rocky patch, they fire coaches and spend big in FA. The Steelers don't and hopefully, won't do either of those things, they have a model, it's been successful and I hope they stick with it.

Pappy
    You won't get through to some people because their expectations are unrealistic. They believe the Steelers defense should be number 1 every year regardless of the loss of several really good/great players. They don't believe in transitional years. One reason why it's difficult to continually post on message boards is because the arguments go around in circles. People believe what they want regardless of the logic or facts that are presented by level headed individuals. People often refuse to be open minded. It's their way or no way. Sometimes it's difficult to believe some of the comments people make.

The team showed some potential and improved in some areas on both sides of the ball this season. The key going forward will be how well the team can develop more consistency and limit game changing mistakes on both sides of the ball. The game changing mistakes were committed by the players. Those game changing mistakes were turnovers on offense and uncharacteristic big plays on defense. Clean those areas up and the team will be in a better position to make the playoffs next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Here was the 2008 Draft class:

- Mendenhall
    - Sweed
    - Bruce Davis
    - Tony Hills
    - Dennis Dixon
    - Bruce Davis
    - Ryan Mundy

Look at that list and tell me again that you believe the Defensive Coordinator's evaluation skills are more lacking than Tomlin or Colbert. Moreover, you never hear much about the coordinators being involved in the predraft scouting. You hear about Tomlin and Colbert.

There was an evaluation problem with those picks, but there is absolutely no basis to suggest that there is a development problem. Nobody else developed those guys into players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dick Lebeau's defense is the reason we haven't won a playoff game in 3 years.

His D made Tim Tebow look like Montana...
    Ironically, he changed his system in that game. Likely would have been a different outcome if he used the cushion that so many deride.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Ironically, he changed his system in that game. Likely would have been a different outcome if he used the cushion that so many deride.
    I doubt it since they were gashing us in the read option as well....

I don't expect to win every game or keep teams off the board but let's stop pretending like this D doesn't have some glaring weaknesses.

NE shut Tebow down with ease the next week... makes you wonder why other teams with less talent on D can get their players to execute better.

Legend

User Info Menu

tomlin should not be allowed to be involved with the draft process
    Maybe you are right....

but I doubt it.