Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday's game is the perfect example of why we should draft a....

Legend

User Info Menu

in today's day and age of passing. is it even worth to draft a corner that high?
    no such thing as shut down corner anymore (marshall is the closest probably)

that guy the cowboys took early 2 years ago gets burnt every week

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    So do you trade Woodley and his salary? I like the idea of Jenkins. You see what athletic TE's do to our D!
    Woodley has somewhere around $13-15M still to be pro-rated over three years...he isn't going anywhere in 2014.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A shutdown corner has to be big and physical, as well as fast.

Richard Sherman is 6' 3", Morris Claiborne is 5' 11". One is great, the other gets beat regularly as stated above.

Aqib Talib is 6' 1", Charles Tillman is 6' 2". Ike is 6' 2" and used to shut guys down when he was faster.

I don't want small athletic corners, not in today's NFL. It has to be a big athletic CB, and if we have a chance at one we should get him and let Lake coach him up.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Pouncey and DeCastro?
    Have you seen our O Line lately? I forgot about Pouncey, guess cause he is hurt. Decastro is average but getting better I guess. He was terrible last year and still hasn't added up to the hype of being a first round pick.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Have you seen our O Line lately? I forgot about Pouncey, guess cause he is hurt. Decastro is average but getting better I guess. He was terrible last year and still hasn't added up to the hype of being a first round pick.
    Thats nuts. DeCastro was terrible last year? You mean the year his knee blew up during preseason? Wow. He's playing EXCELLENT football this year in what is essentially his rookie season. These guys tend to agree with me.

[url]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/06/2013-midseason-all-division-team-afc-north/[/url]

[URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/pro-football-focus-ranks-david-decastro-third-overall-among-guards/[/URL]
    Last edited by steelsnis; 11-06-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we don't draft a Left Tackle and use another Round 1 pick on defense we don't deserve to get better. Our OL is among the worst in the entire NFL. Fix that first because we have questionable starters and zero depth.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If we don't draft a Left Tackle and use another Round 1 pick on defense we don't deserve to get better. Our OL is among the worst in the entire NFL. Fix that first because we have questionable starters and zero depth.
    +1

Steelers need a franchise LT. Steelers drafting in Top-10 will give them a chance to draft an elite LT especially with few teams needing QBs.

We had enough of Rd-2 OT. We know how they play in NFL. A traffic cone will do a better job than some of the OTs Steelers have.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

why do we need to draft a top 10 tackle but other teams find guys in later rounds?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    why do we need to draft a top 10 tackle but other teams find guys in later rounds?
    Maybe our scouting department sucks?? Drafting two Rd-2 RT to play LT?? Or maybe OL coach can't develop talent?
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    We don't. We just need to take the best guy available whenever we pick. We need help everywhere.