Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Timmons still sucks in run defense

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You're missing the point. They don't support the anti-Timmons agenda. Get on board!!!!!
    Timmons would last 2 seconds in the Free Agent Market. He needs thumper beside him that is not names Foote. Manti Te'o would look very nice, and we may be in position to get him if trends continue.

Legend

User Info Menu

Timmons would last 2 seconds in the Free Agent Market. He needs thumper beside him that is not names Foote. Manti Te'o would look very nice, and we may be in position to get him if trends continue.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Most sensible people know that. I'm admittedly a Timmons fan and I'm not happy with what I have seen so far this year except in the Jets game where he was sentter the QB about half a dozen times. That is what we should see more not "thumping." That was never his strength and it takes away from what he has aways done best and that is move sideline to sideline.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Speaking of Linebackers not playing well. I watched the Pats vs Ratbirds and Hightower, who many on here were pimping, looked absolutely horrible. On running plays he never attacked the LOS but waited for the blocker to come to him 5 yards down the field. Then he never seemed to get off the block. He was beaten several times on the pass by Ray Rice. When Rice did that to Farrior we all wanted to put Farrior in the old folks home.

I'm not saying Hightower is a bust. It's far too early in his career to say that. I am saying he doesn't look like the second coming of Dick Butkus like some on here thought he would be. He looks more like the second coming of Lawrence Timmons.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

3 total tackles and gets beat by a no name TE on the biggest 3rd down of the game.

yeah, timmons played great.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    3 total tackles and gets beat by a no name TE on the biggest 3rd down of the game.

yeah, timmons played great.
    and where were those tackles...not behind or even at the LOS, but 3 or more yds up field..... dude needs serious work on run defense if he wants to continue to play there.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Speaking of Linebackers not playing well. I watched the Pats vs Ratbirds and Hightower, who many on here were pimping, looked absolutely horrible. On running plays he never attacked the LOS but waited for the blocker to come to him 5 yards down the field. Then he never seemed to get off the block. He was beaten several times on the pass by Ray Rice. When Rice did that to Farrior we all wanted to put Farrior in the old folks home.

I'm not saying Hightower is a bust. It's far too early in his career to say that. I am saying he doesn't look like the second coming of Dick Butkus like some on here thought he would be. He looks more like the second coming of Lawrence Timmons.
    You think Timmons could cover Ray Rice? You think any of our LBs can cover Rice? Nope.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    and where were those tackles...not behind or even at the LOS, but 3 or more yds up field..... dude needs serious work on run defense if he wants to continue to play there.
    Yup..... If you want a LB that doesn't tackle a RB until about a 5 yard gain, Timmons is your guy. He could even provide you 100 of those tackles

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post

I watched all the Pats games this season and I agree...Hightower looks terrible.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    You are probably right. A 4-3 team would sign him quickly. Not a 3-4 team.