Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Before we crucify the Iggy draft pick...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You and I have a different view of a "traditional DT" in passing downs. For me it is four DL with their hands down getting ready to tear after the QB. We put two DL down. I don't see that as the same.
    Ovi longs for the good old days...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

You and I have a different view of a "traditional DT" in passing downs. For me it is four DL with their hands down getting ready to tear after the QB. We put two DL down. I don't see that as the same.
    When you advocate moving to a 4-3, you discuss Woodley as a DE. On passing downs, you often see Woodley - Hood - Keisel - Harrison. Whether or not Woodley's hand is on the ground, Hood is playing a DT position and is charged with rushing the passer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ovi longs for the good old days...

Pretty simple for me FOUR Super Bowls as a 4-3 team and TWO Super Bowls as a 3-4 team. Since the 4-3 has the number four as the first number that is why we won four. If we stick with the 3-4 the max we can win is one more Super Bowl. However, since we broke the chain by going to the 3-4 if we go back to the 4-3 we reset the count and we can win four more. It all just aligns perfectly.

I don't know why some of you can't figure these things out.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Pretty simple for me FOUR Super Bowls as a 4-3 team and TWO Super Bowls as a 3-4 team. Since the 4-3 has the number four as the first number that is why we won four. If we stick with the 3-4 the max we can win is one more Super Bowl. However, since we broke the chain by going to the 3-4 if we go back to the 4-3 we reset the count and we can win four more. It all just aligns perfectly.

I don't know why some of you can't figure these things out.

I'm following your logic.

we won 4 Super Bowls with the 4-3, so we're destined to win 3 more Super Bowls with the 3-4.

since we've only won 2 Super Bowls with the 3-4 so far, let's wait for the inevitable one more Lombardi Trophy and then re-visit this discussion at that time.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm following your logic.

we won 4 Super Bowls with the 4-3, so we're destined to win 3 more Super Bowls with the 3-4.

since we've only won 2 Super Bowls with the 3-4 so far, let's wait for the inevitable one more Lombardi Trophy and then re-visit this discussion at that time.
    But you are missing the key dynamic. When were a "Steel Curtain" we had four men and that was truly a curtain. With three men you can't be a "Steel Curtain." All you can really be anything more than an aluminum mini-blind. Just doesn't work in the same traditional sense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    ....look at who was still out there at the same point in the draft.

Not overwhelming me with players any better than him. As a matter of fact, a lot of the dudes taken after are already out of football.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2009[/URL]

Shady McCoy, Phil Loadholt, not much more than that. So, in hindsight, he wasn't such a bad pick considering who else was still available.
    Before we crucify the Iggy draft pick let's first crucify Iggy. Then we can move on to the draft pick.