Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally national commentators noticing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    oh my... that's like using Sarah Palin or Snooki for vindication
    Legal in 49 states, as long as it's consensual (not yet in Alaska, which is why she moved).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I agree, 100%. Supposing Ben and AB are healthy starting the following week against SD, we are 3-1 maybe 4-0 from there, if the D keeps playing like this.
    I'm not buying the Steelers lying game on Ben. They are trying their typical lying ways thinking they will make Balt. waste practice time on defending the PS with Ben in there. It's all BS, per usual. It's Tuesday; is he out there throwing the ball yet? No, I don't believe he is. Oh wait; he can hold his baby with his right arm so that means he can play NFL football. <ROLLING EYES>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    This is Hampton last year under contract, so a say he's a goner and as far as Troy it will not hurt my feelings neither because actually Allen is playing well.
    Allen is playing OK, but TP is a former DMVP of the year. Not in the same ball park.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Skip Bayless agrees with your viewpoint, and that is vindication in your mind?

If that doofus happened to agree with one of my opinions, that would probably cause me to start re-thinking my opinion.

Bayless is simply an airbag who spouts out contrarian ideas in order to get a rise out of people.

Talk to me when an knowledgable NFL mind (former player/coach/GM) agrees with you, not some newspaper blowhard.
    AH, yes, falling for the "blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine" because Bayless ate your lunch routine. It's not who says what, it's what is true. So, let's put your jacked mindset and logic mode to a test. If Skip Bayless has an opinion it automatically makes the opinion wrong. Do you have any sense at how flawed your logic is? Do you have no desire to realize the truth in life, or does your jaded, defensive needs to serve your ego preempt simply seeking what is true? So, by the very definition of what you assert, if Skip holds an opinion, it automatically proves said opinion must be flawed. Hmmmm. That sounds like a super way to evaluate things. FACT is no calf injury lasts this long. It must be his Achilles. I have been saying it for months, and now Skip has also realized it. So, using your "logic" (using the word as lightly as possible here), Troy really just has a pulled calf muscle since Skip said it must be more than that? Have a nice life with using logic like that. Wow. Hey, I heard Skip say the world was round, so it must be flat. I am using your model of logic here.

And this just in: Terrell Suggs had an actual Achilles tear, and he is back playing football. But Troy just had a calf pull and he is missing the entire season. Isn't that special?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    He reminds me of most of us

I listen to ESPN radio and his show from time to time. And sometimes he has some interesting things to say. And some of the guests are good. But it does get annoying when they have to disagree and argue senseless positions. I guess that's just like all of us afterall.
    His job is to entertain - and that requires passionate opinions in his case. I love how he fights for his points, and he is more often right than wrong. I love his Tebow takes and how he never ceases. It is amusing to me. For those who get angry over it, he is laughing at you all the way to the bank. He could care less. He realizes what he is doing. That is why you often see him laughing his @ss off. It cracks me up that so many get all p-ssy over him. You have been OWNED.

[url]http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Voltage/owned_asian_baby.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vindrow View Post
    I guess in lloydroid's mind it is

There are 2 things you count on from Skippy:

1. Skippy blowing his load over Teblow

2. getting some good laughs from his viewpoints.
    I love how some of your hatred for Skip is so immense that you are forgetting what the point is, making yourselves look silly. So, is your position that Troy really just has a pulled calf muscle? Is that what you are claiming? Damn, you look goofy. Do you know anything at all about injuries? Do you really think a pulled calf keeps you out for an entire season? I don't want any of whatever you are smoking; it must cause too severe of hallucinations.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I love how some of your hatred for Skip is so immense that you are forgetting what the point is, making yourselves look silly. So, is your position that Troy really just has a pulled calf muscle? Is that what you are claiming? Damn, you look goofy. Do you know anything at all about injuries? Do you really think a pulled calf keeps you out for an entire season? I don't want any of whatever you are smoking; it must cause too severe of hallucinations.
    Umm...I'm not Shawn or anything, but I do know that a severe muscle strain can take up to 10 weeks to heal properly...probably longer if the person who suffered the severe strain tried too aggressively to do something strenuous (like play professional football) too soon into the recovery period...

Legend

User Info Menu

Skip Bayless is a nationally syndicated writer/reporter/commentator which by default means that he really has no idea about each individual team and the situations inside the teams injury reports. Making statements about Polamlau, a subject I'm sure he knows very little about, is done simply to irritate, stir up, and in general get a fan base worked up to see if he can generate clicks or viewers for his company's TV/radio or internet markets.

It's not that he doesn't know anything, it's that he simply doesn't know the facts (and nether do we by the way and we're avid fans) and he's throwing something out there without an investigative report to substantiate any of it. So, yes, as far as I'm concerned he's Skip Useless.

Fine, so it's an opinion and he's paid for opinions, but something like that should have some amount credibility shouldn't it? I mean questioning a future HOFer about his calf injury, really?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Umm...I'm not Shawn or anything, but I do know that a severe muscle strain can take up to 10 weeks to heal properly...probably longer if the person who suffered the severe strain tried too aggressively to do something strenuous (like play professional football) too soon into the recovery period...
    This was the same "injury" that had him hobbled the last two years, including in the Super Bowl vs. Green Bay. That was 2010. This is 2012. Same leg, same limp. This is something more than a pulled calf muscle. They constantly lie about injuries. They are chronic liars.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    His job is to entertain - and that requires passionate opinions in his case. I love how he fights for his points, and he is more often right than wrong. I love his Tebow takes and how he never ceases. It is amusing to me. For those who get angry over it, he is laughing at you all the way to the bank. He could care less. He realizes what he is doing. That is why you often see him laughing his @ss off. It cracks me up that so many get all p-ssy over him. You have been OWNED.

[URL]http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Voltage/owned_asian_baby.jpg[/URL]
    I dont think anyone gets angry at him. I think it's a conspiracy theorist type of enjoyment. People watch and imagine there's people out there he's driving nuts and they have a good laugh at those people. But those people are just imaginary. Anyone that he irritates would just turn the channel and watch the NFL network, CNN, Fox News, etc.

I feel bad for the guy personally. Sure, he makes $500k/yr. But he's got listen to Stephen A Smith. That doesn't seem like a fair tradeoff to me.