Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There is going to be a really good WR available in round two.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wallace returning isn't a topic we need to spend more than one sentence on because it won't happen. It will be much more meaningful to discuss who joins Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Burress. I think they try to keep Burress and get him at a vet minimum salary. Although not a fan he did perform in limited opportunities.

Personally, I would be looking at adding a TE near the top of our draft. We have seen that with Haley this position is a real weapon.
    I would love to have another TE as a weapon to compliment Heath, but without Wallace, the Steelers need to add another WR. Sanders demonstrated that he is not a starting caliber player, and neither are Burress and Cotchery at this point. Whether early in the draft or through free agency, the Steelers will need to address WR if Wallace leaves. Adding both a WR and TE early leaves little room to add youth to the defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wallace returning isn't a topic we need to spend more than one sentence on because it won't happen. It will be much more meaningful to discuss who joins Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Burress. I think they try to keep Burress and get him at a vet minimum salary. Although not a fan he did perform in limited opportunities.

Personally, I would be looking at adding a TE near the top of our draft. We have seen that with Haley this position is a real weapon.
    we have one of the top guys in the league at that position (yes, i know he'll be rehabbing)

who do we have like that at the WR position?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I would love to have another TE as a weapon to compliment Heath, but without Wallace, the Steelers need to add another WR. Sanders demonstrated that he is not a starting caliber player, and neither are Burress and Cotchery at this point. Whether early in the draft or through free agency, the Steelers will need to address WR if Wallace leaves. Adding both a WR and TE early leaves little room to add youth to the defense.
    I agree with you phillyesq. When Wallace leaves the Steelers, and he will leave, this is going to be a much bigger need than a back up TE. I dont think the Steelers are going to rely on two players (Cotchery and Burress), who caught a total off 20 receptions the past year.

In the second round you would be foolish to pick a back up TE when a good one could be had in later rounds. See my signature. 6 ft 7 TE who caught 11 TD's for UCLA in a run dominate offense.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    we have one of the top guys in the league at that position (yes, i know he'll be rehabbing)

who do we have like that at the WR position?
    Agreed with this too. Good point NJ.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash