Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey's return buoys Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Pouncey is an oddity on this board. There are those that think he has been adequately replaced by the likes of Velasco and Legs. And there are others that swear if you know what you are looking at, Pouncey is far and away the best center the Steelers have.
    Me? .... my perception is that Velasco seemed to be equal in performance but maybe the playbook changed to accommodate any weaknesses in his game..... just don't know enough about the position to offer a good opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have no problem with a 6-7 million per year deal if you can get him for that, which is unlikely.

I don't really dislike pounce as a player, just feel like the market for centers has gone beyond what the steelers can afford

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sounds like some people aren't going to be rooting for the guy to succeed. Well I am. I hope he has a great year. We can worry about the money next year.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I hope to see the outside zone this year. It can be scary with MP back and our new RB's will love it.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Pay da man!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Sounds like some people aren't going to be rooting for the guy to succeed. Well I am. I hope he has a great year. We can worry about the money next year.
    Yep... this board swears everyone in the NFL has been hit with Pouncey voodoo... no way he can be as good as the critics and coaches say he is...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Of course you are rooting for him to succeed, that's what a sane, reasonable fan would do. You want the Steelers to win. Only someone with an agenda would actually root for the starting center to fail to prove some bizarre idea they have about the player. Mind boggling....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let's see how he plays in the preseason. He was flat out terrible last preseason, IMO. I still remember sitting there numerous times wondering what was wrong with him. Getting blown up and over powered over and over.

Velasco was an upgrade last year. Watching some of the highlights he looked dominant at times and the Steelers line turned it around.

I hope Pouncey can be the Pro Bowl C this team needs!! I think his fire and motivation could very well get him back on track.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteel View Post
    Pay da man!
    Pay him what he's worth? Sure. Pay him what someone else is going to pay him... nah.

He can go the way of Mike Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Pay him what he's worth? Sure. Pay him what someone else is going to pay him... nah.

He can go the way of Mike Wallace
    True... but Pouncey is also MUCH better than Wallace at his position.