Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to sign CB Flowers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ike has generally played very well in the slot when manned up on guys like Welker, cruz, ect who play only out of the slot

Flowers to me is an outside guy. He doesnt have to quickness to stick with most slot guys when every route involves a possible two way go. Hes very physical, a great tackler, and can run with almost all big WRs....small guys are the ones that give him fits.

Flowers is short, but he plays big

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Ike has come out and said the most recent contract means he will play his whole career as a Steeler, and I believe it was a 1 year deal, so, if true, it is his last year.
    you make it sound as if you know for a fact Ike would be opposed to signing a new 1-year deal next year... you got some scoop the rest of us don't?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    you make it sound as if you know for a fact Ike would be opposed to signing a new 1-year deal next year... you got some scoop the rest of us don't?
    As long as ike stays cap friendly it wont be his last season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ike said hes made a ton of money, now he just wants to play for "Dad" lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    As long as ike stays cap friendly it wont be his last season.
    Exactly my thought.... I could easily see him coming back on inexpensive 1-year deals until the team has sufficient depth top to bottom at CB...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

All it means is the day the Steelers don't resign him he will retire. Only a freaking idiot would think this means he declared it his last year because it was a 1 year contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brandon Flowers left San Diego without signing contract

By Neal Coolong on Jun 20 2014

The Steelers reportedly are interested enough in Flowers to be open to bringing him in for a visit. Now that he left San Diego without signing a contract, his options remain wide open.

It takes a compelling reason to leave San Diego after a job interview.

The weather is second to none and, despite the price, it's a phenomenal place to live. The fact free agent cornerback Brandon Flowers reportedly left San Diego after a visit with the Chargers suggests he's interested in more than the weather.

The "whether" is key. We don't know whether Flowers was offered a contract, or whether he's just scoping out his options. It would appear the latter option is more likely, for both sides.

Flowers didn't get the benefit of being free to negotiate at the start of the free agency period. Now, he has the captive attention of the entire NFL, and it makes sense to weigh all his options - very similarly to what ex-Eagles wide receiver Desean Jackson did before he signed with the Washington Redskins.

BTSC confirmed Wednesday the Steelers have interest in Flowers, but the source did not confirm whether he would take a visit to Pittsburgh. Steel City Insider publisher Jim Wexell confirmed that information, and added his source didn't feel he'd get out of San Diego without a deal.

Flowers has plenty of time to fully investigate what the market has to bear. Perhaps the last and best offer he gets is from the Steelers. For now, it would seem he'll continue to explore those options.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-steelers-free-agency/2014/6/20/5827826/brandon-flowers-nfl-free-agency-2014-steelers-interested[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He doesn't have any plans on visiting the Steelers, unfortunately.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Because of the cap situation I have a better chance of playing CB for the Steelers than Flowers. You don't get a player of that skill level at one of the three most important positions in the NFL for bargain basement prices.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

You could structure a cap friendly deal. I'm not sure how much room the Steelers have but if they want him bad enough they could make it happen.
    Trolls are people too.