Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The few who do deserve kudos

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    To have so many players under-achieve, you got to blame the head coach.
    Maybe you choose to, but nobody's got to. Thankfully, he kept this team from tanking ala Detroit or AZ.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess you missed all the games HE LOST with his bone head pics at the end of the game, or his pic 6s. You can't cherry pick; you must consider his ENTIRE body of work this season, not just the good stuff. Had been not played so unfocused and thrown game-losing pics, just one less, and we make the play offs. He went back to being "Back Yard Ben" playing sloppy, without focus and just being a bone head. That doesn't cut it.
    Those came after he got injured. And maybe you didn't hear it but he injured his throwing shoulder? Hello?

Do you recall Brady, Elway, Montana, et al. ever ruining seasons with sloppy mental focus like that? I don't.
    You obviously never knew much about John Elway before he had Terrell Owens as his teammate. He quarterbacked three teams to super bowl loses.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Maybe you choose to, but nobody's got to. Thankfully, he kept this team from tanking ala Detroit or AZ.
    He did? You mean going from 6-3 to 7-8 isn't tanking? I need to learn this new definition of tanking then.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Those came after he got injured. And maybe you didn't hear it but he injured his throwing shoulder? Hello?

You obviously never knew much about John Elway before he had Terrell Owens as his teammate. He quarterbacked three teams to super bowl loses.
    If he was playing, then he should be healthy enough to play to win. If not, why was he out there? And John Elway never played with Terrell Owens, ever. Also, the 3 Super Bowl losses by Elway were amazing that he even went as far as the SB in those seasons, as he had pretty weak defenses and rushing games in ALL those years. He worked miracles just to win the AFC in those years. Elway never let out the wet farts of failure as Ben did this season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If he was playing, then he should be healthy enough to play to win. If not, why was he out there? And John Elway never played with Terrell Owens, ever. Also, the 3 Super Bowl losses by Elway were amazing that he even went as far as the SB in those seasons, as he had pretty weak defenses and rushing games in ALL those years. He worked miracles just to win the AFC in those years. Elway never let out the wet farts of failure as Ben did this season.
    Typo meant Terrell Davis...but I think you get the point.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

NOTE: Breaking board rules.
    Would you prefer illogical rambling? I'm also fairly certain the board rules apply to the more EXTREME end of things. I'm ALSO confident a majority of the message board would agree with my "psycho babble" comment. You're all over the board spewing it. It's getting old.
    Last edited by Snatch98; 12-31-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post

Those who didn't cut it this year.

#1. You with all your psycho babble
    Now now now let's be careful with what we say we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings now

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

NOTE: Breaking board rules.
    Thanks for the assistance, I have scolded the offending party. I will try to do a better job of a of locking down these rogue posters,I will also let the other Mods know how sensitive you are, so they can help.
    Last edited by fordfixer; 12-31-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He did? You mean going from 6-3 to 7-8 isn't tanking? I need to learn this new definition of tanking then.

They didn't tank because they weren't blown out. 5 of the 8 losses were by 3 points or less. They lost close, competitive games. They did not tank....

Backup

User Info Menu

"Those came after he got injured. And maybe you didn't hear it but he injured his throwing shoulder? Hello?" Dee Dub, not trying to start an argument, but Ben did throw a pick in game 1 of the season. So he left a few out there this year, just was not what we have come to expect, playing wise from him.