Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The few who do deserve kudos

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The few who do deserve kudos

#1. Timmons. He had a breakout season. He was everything they hoped when they drafted him. He didn't let himself get all fat and out of shape, ala Woodley. He played well all season.

#2. Lewis. Finally a young DB developed.

#3. Allen, see above.

#4. Heath.

#5. Clark. Biggest reason the D held it together with all the injuries as it did.

Those who didn't cut it this year.

Ben, Wallace, most of O line, Polamalu, Tomlin, Haley.

Legend

User Info Menu

Also, Max Starks. Unsung hero, IMHO.

Didn't we bring him back from the waiver wire?

Legend

User Info Menu

Did u see Max play today?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    #1. Timmons. He had a breakout season. He was everything they hoped when they drafted him. He didn't let himself get all fat and out of shape, ala Woodley. He played well all season.

#2. Lewis. Finally a young DB developed.

#3. Allen, see above.

#4. Heath.

#5. Clark. Biggest reason the D held it together with all the injuries as it did.

Polamalu is just getting healthy. I still think Ben is injured and prior to the injury was having a great year. I have no problem with Tomlin considering all the injuries.

#1. You with all your psycho babble

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Polamalu is just getting healthy. I still think Ben is injured and prior to the injury was having a great year. I have no problem with Tomlin considering all the injuries.

Ahahahahahahahaha. Rotfl

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post

!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Did u see Max play today?
    agreed. Max had a tough outing against no names.... beat soundly for at least one sack.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Plax had a couple nice grabs today..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    ....Those who didn't cut it this year.

Wow...a QB who threw for over 3200 yards (while having missed 3 games to injury), 26 TD's thrown to only 8 INT's, and a passer rating at 97.0 all the while having to adapt to a new system and he is considered as one who didn't cut it this year?

Unbelievable!! That's all I can say.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Wow...a QB who threw for over 3200 yards (while having missed 3 games to injury), 26 TD's thrown to only 8 INT's, and a passer rating at 97.0 all the while having to adapt to a new system and he is considered as one who didn't cut it this year?

Unbelievable!! That's all I can say.
    I do think it's fair to pin the W/L record on Ben just because he's the QB. We lost 5 games by 3 points. If he gets us 3+ points in one of those games, we're playing next week. Not all his fault, but it probably means he had to make 1 more play. Or 1 less mistake.

His stats were fine. Unfortunately his mistakes often came at the worst possible times. And he seemed to lose a bit of that clutch gene of his. Hopefully an offseason with Haley will help those 2 get on the same page and get this ironed out going forward.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot of blame to go around. But everyone of those losses, Ben also took the blame himself.