Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers draft Warmack then.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    what if eric fisher is sitting there? I could swallow that a lot better than another OG. I'm not sure what they have in gilbert, so it might be interesting if fisher is available at 17.
    This. I would take OT Eric Fisher over Warmack. Start him at LT and Adams at RT. Gilbert backs up both.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I wonder how the 49ers are doing it. They have 3 PRO Bowlers on their offensive line.
    We need a dominate interior O-line and then you will see our run game explode, if they have to worry about signings down the road then just hand the ball off to Dwyer hoping Beachum can open a lane for him or whoever is back there.
    Kaepernick is on his rookie contract, Gore is getting on in years, Crabtree is the biggest name in the WR corps and Vernon Davis might be their best offensive weapon and he's a tight end. There probably isn't a lot of money tied up in skill players, so they can afford the pro-bowl linemen.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Kaepernick is on his rookie contract, Gore is getting on in years, Crabtree is the biggest name in the WR corps and Vernon Davis might be their best offensive weapon and he's a tight end. There probably isn't a lot of money tied up in skill players, so they can afford the pro-bowl linemen.

Pappy
    I honestly think that is how it should be done on offense. Pay for your franchise QB, 3 pro-bowl lineman and 2 other solid guys. cheap skill position guys that can get the job done. Rest of the money spent on D
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    I honestly think that is how it should be done on offense. Pay for your franchise QB, 3 pro-bowl lineman and 2 other solid guys. cheap skill position guys that can get the job done. Rest of the money spent on D
    FWP agrees with you. That SB record run he had was a gift from a great OT!!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    This. I would take OT Eric Fisher over Warmack. Start him at LT and Adams at RT. Gilbert backs up both.
    Ok I am on board here for this BPA pick of Fisher. Has Gilbert ever played guard? Could he maybe be better then Colon at OG? Why do I feel this talk of a OT to OG has happened before?

Also is there any chance we could trade Colon or Gilbert (if Adams is the RT for the future?) Just a crazy idea. Hate to go off topic but would any team trade for say Harrison, Troy, Woodley or Ike? If you just want to cut the money for the old or lazy dogs why not see if you can get something for them? Just another crazy thought. Hey there was a thread on trade Ben!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Gil Brandt is pretty good at scouting and he says...

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000126798/article/luke-joeckel-bjoern-werner-headline-2013-nfl-draft-prospects[/URL]
    Gil Brandt is great at scouting...

That doesn't mean that a team will draft an OG in the top ten for the first time in 15 seasons...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Isn't the latest information that the Steelers will get rid of Colon and may try Beachum at LG because Todd Haley wants his linemen to be smaller, more stout, and more mobile? Is Warmack at 350lbs mobile at all? I watched Alabama a couple times this season but never keyed in on him specifically.

Legend

User Info Menu

we aren't drafting OL... we have more than enough young guys on the OL right now who haven't had time to develop or gel due to injuries.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When I look at O-line in this draft, I'm thinking Left Tackle. That is the most important position on the o-line, and we don't have one with Max likely gone. Adams, Beachum, and Gilbert all have struggled pass protecting on the right side so I have zero confidence they will suddenly figure it out against faster elite pass rushers on the left. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers see Beachum as a guard anyway. With Lane Johnson now considered a first round pick by many pundits, there is a chance that either he or (the more polished, but slightly less athletic) Eric Fisher may be available at 17. I think the Steelers should consider either player if available. Fisher is likely ready to start now and Johnson could end up developing into a pro bowler.

Warmack is a heck of a player, but I'll be fine if we don't get him. We have much more pressing needs.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    When I look at O-line in this draft, I'm thinking Left Tackle. That is the most important position on the o-line, and we don't have one with Max likely gone. Adams, Beachum, and Gilbert all have struggled pass protecting on the right side so I have zero confidence they will suddenly figure it out against faster elite pass rushers on the left. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers see Beachum as a guard anyway. With Lane Johnson now considered a first round pick by many pundits, there is a chance that either he or (the more polished, but slightly less athletic) Eric Fisher may be available at 17. I think the Steelers should consider either player if available. Fisher is likely ready to start now and Johnson could end up developing into a pro bowler.

Warmack is a heck of a player, but I'll be fine if we don't get him. We have much more pressing needs.
    Lane Johnson, Eric Fisher or Chance Warmack would all be great Round 1 picks. If the OTs are on the board they are obviously the priority if we don't resign Starks. If we do the smart thing and resign Starks and give Adams and Gilbert time to grow into the LT position and fight for it go for Warmack.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"