Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Challenge to the Planet Steeler Community.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Dear Planet Steeler members,

These first two games have been difficult to watch. There is much blame to be shared in the organization. This could be a long and frustrating season. As a coping mechanism, lets all raise the bar on the quality of our posts. Lets make this place better. I have read several thoughtful, articulate arguments and thoughts this week. But, like the Steelers, there is still a lot of room for improvement. We can up the ante a bit if each poster tries to raise the level of discourse with more reflection, thoughtful analysis, and creative suggestions. In short, less flaming, harping, and crying, and instead, more open-minded polite, yet spirited and intelligent conversations. I don't expect a utopian football discussion, but we could make our commiserations more fruitful and perhaps even find a few silver linings.

Thanks for reading,
    steelblood
    So when it is bad like it is now, you would rather not live in reality? Try to find silver linings and be positive when the team is horrible? Ok. Cool.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    So when it is bad like it is now, you would rather not live in reality? Try to find silver linings and be positive when the team is horrible? Ok. Cool.
    He saying that when the team sucks like we have been, we can still act like reasonable human beings rather than whiny little douches. It's more worthwhile to attempt to analyze the team's shortcomings in a well-reasoned manner and provide constructive criticisms regarding what went wrong via civilized discourse rather than devolving into a TribLive flame war after every loss. That's all. There are other Steeler forums where dramatic bitchfests are more welcome.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

i think the steelers are all winner just for trying their hardest and being good sports out there

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well said squidkid, well said.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think the steelers are all winner just for trying their hardest and being good sports out there
    I discharged a dribble of my perfectly aged IC Light onto the keyboard while reading this thoughtful and heart-felt ode to the fine gentlemen who suit up for our beloved Black n Gold.

I shall wave the pink terrible towel in tribute to this divine team regardless of the outcome on Sunday evening.

I hope to catch the vapors of a victory but will show displeasure in the most fashionable manner if we come up a tad short.

Legend

User Info Menu

F@#$ that. Bunch of @#$%ing losers on this squad. This is the worst team in the history of professional sports! All sports! 0-16 - take it to the bank n'at you bunch of yinzer jagoffs!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    THE REAL PROBLEM is that they are listening too much to DeeDubs draft suggestions!!!!!

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    No reason...

Some people just enjoy winning...
    Fixed that

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

As a general rule of thumb around here, the fans will typically post as well as the team plays. The real fix to the board is for us to just play better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Dear Planet Steeler members,

As a coping mechanism, lets all raise the bar on the quality of our posts. Lets make this place better. I have read several thoughtful, articulate arguments and thoughts this week. But, like the Steelers, there is still a lot of room for improvement. We can up the ante a bit if each poster tries to raise the level of discourse with more reflection, thoughtful analysis, and creative suggestions. In short, less flaming, harping, and crying, and instead, more open-minded polite, yet spirited and intelligent conversations.

Thanks for reading,
    steelblood
    Agreed.....I wish people would stop being such a bunch of whiny DOODIEHEADS.

TCFCLTC-