Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN Power Rankings

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We will have to get lucky and stay healthy. As bad as our luck was with injuries last year, maybe we get some good luck this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    The Seahawks are the trendy #1 pick. Big surprise.
    They're definitely paper champions already. Most new fans here think the SB is in the bag. And then I always hear "unless the refs have something to do with it".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Given that we drafted #17 and we lost a bunch of players, seems like we should start the season slightly below 17.
    Exactly - can't imagine any team should start too far off their draft position... If I'm the Ravens, i'm annoyed by 8th.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Exactly - can't imagine any team should start too far off their draft position... If I'm the Ravens, i'm annoyed by 8th.
    The Ravens dropping kinda makes sense because they lost so many key players. We've lost as many players, so we should have probably dropped 7 spots too from our draft slot. That would put us at 24. And we did lose to the Raiders with a roster that had more talent than it does today. So I could be convinced that made sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The Ravens dropping kinda makes sense because they lost so many key players. We've lost as many players, so we should have probably dropped 7 spots too from our draft slot. That would put us at 24. And we did lose to the Raiders with a roster that had more talent than it does today. So I could be convinced that made sense.
    yup, right there with ya...

Still, i would think that post-draft, I could see the Ravens getting a token move up... with their FA and draft, they've filled a lot of the holes, much as our Steelers have. Rounds 1-4 were Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, Brandon Williams, John Simon - many of our fans wanted those guys. Some mocks had the Ravens taking Arthur in the 1st...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    yup, right there with ya...

Still, i would think that post-draft, I could see the Ravens getting a token move up... with their FA and draft, they've filled a lot of the holes, much as our Steelers have. Rounds 1-4 were Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, Brandon Williams, John Simon - many of our fans wanted those guys. Some mocks had the Ravens taking Arthur in the 1st...
    The team that should be mad is the 49ers. How the heck did they get leap frogged by Seattle? Whatever, I'm not going to be surprised if St Louis wins that division.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would have put us at 12, but 16 is fair. But, what I know is if this team stays healthy they will compete for another SB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Like every year it will be all about how the OL performs. If they are good we will excell, if they are bad we will be inconsistent and ineffective. We did not help the OL in the draft which concerns me because depth is nonexistent and we are counting on a bunch of UDFAs to save the day.
    +1

Much like last year our defense will not be able to carry us through the season. It will be up and down so our entire season comes down to the O-line.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    They're definitely paper champions already. Most new fans here think the SB is in the bag. And then I always hear "unless the refs have something to do with it".
    Yep. I live up here too. You cant blame them for being excited, they have never won anything. I remind them that all of these big contracts that they are handing out will eventually catch up to them, as we Steelers fans are well aware of. They better win something in the short window they will have.