Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers select four as team captains

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    A lot of people think that. It seems that his teammates disagree though.
    Once again. Shows how much we message boarders know
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 09-04-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Maybe Pouncey lured players to vote him for team captain with "Free Hernandez" hats??
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Question. Why does that upset you so so much? Clearly it was a mistake. And he's admitted it.

You know he's been really tight with Hernandez thru their college Years. Right?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Question. Why does that upset you so so much? Clearly it was a mistake. And he's admitted it.

You know he's been really tight with Hernandez thru their college Years. Right?
    Promoting "Free Hernandez" and hoping he is innocent of an execution-style 1st degree murder are 2 totally different things. He's supposed to be a leader... that's not just bad judgement, that's extremely poor judgement and it's immature and just flat out dumb.

I would have preferred him say that he belives "Hernandez is innocent" rather than wear a "Free Hernandez" hat which gives the public impression that he wants a murderer back on the streets.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Promoting "Free Hernandez" and hoping he is innocent of an execution-style 1st degree murder are 2 totally different things. He's supposed to be a leader... that's not just bad judgement, that's extremely poor judgement and it's immature and just flat out dumb.

I would have preferred him say that he belives "Hernandez is innocent" rather than wear a "Free Hernandez" hat which gives the public impression that he wants a murderer back on the streets.
    So far AH is only guilty according to the media. For all we know, he told the Pouncey's he's innocent and they just wanna see a free man walk? Really the only negative out of all of this is Pouncey created more negative media for the NFL and brought harm to uncle Roger's shield. In a round about way, maybe the Pouncey's were just saying F U Roger? And is that so bad?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    So far AH is only guilty according to the media. For all we know, he told the Pouncey's he's innocent and they just wanna see a free man walk? Really the only negative out of all of this is Pouncey created more negative media for the NFL and brought harm to uncle Roger's shield. In a round about way, maybe the Pouncey's were just saying F U Roger? And is that so bad?
    nah.. it was stupid but it's football and plenty of players on our team and around the league have a few AH types. The smart thing to do is show support in private or hope/pray they are innocent but you don't wear a "free my friend" shirt or hat.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    That's not the only knock on Pouncey for me. He was supposed to attend a Charleston autograph signing with his brother, Frank Gore, Timmons and a few others. The top players including the Pouncey's gave some lame excuse that they were held up on the airplane and that was proven to be false. They just had someone lie for them because they didn't want to show... who knows, they may have been tired or just went out partying instead. Either way, it was wrong to make that type of committment and bail out. I was there and didn't care about the autographs, I just wanted to see and maybe BS with a couple of the players.... a lot of disappointed kids though.

The tweets after the Bronco game was another instance of poor judgement and maturity issues. I don't want a team leader promoting a rapper (if memory serves correctly) right after the Steelers suffer an absolutely embarrassing loss.

Lastly and more importantly, Pouncey's play on the field hasn't changed since his rookie year. He struggles against the bigger, stronger NT and it's been an issue since his rookie year. Pouncey has not increased his strength (or size) to address this issue. He hasn't improved at all IMO...It's like he's perfectly content with where he's at as a player and doesn't care to improve and that doesn't sit well with me especially considering he's got the god-given talent to be dominant. He is supposed to be this all-pro center and he's not playing like it.