Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All signs point to a disappointing year for the Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Not that this guy is anybody of any relevance, but I hope that the media takes this view of the Steelers. I always prefer them as an underdog.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ESPN, by measure of its NFL coverage, expects a Peyton Manning led Denver Broncos vs a Tim Tebow led New York Jets Super Bowl this season. The rest of the NFL will have to prove it on the field rather than in the media.

[URL]http://deadspin.com/5934761?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&u tm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Another POV is written here:

[URL]http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/pittsburgh-steelers-2012-n-f-l-season-preview/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    The guy has a little bit of reality in there. I'm not too concerned with the offense- especially now that we re-signed Max. However, I do have concerns about the Defense. Specifically, being able to stop the run- hoping #90 will have a big season will help. CB's though- they worry me..Have for years.. And starting out in Denver- we have no Clark....Why can't Denver ever come to Pitt.?
    You are right. Everyone hear seems to forget (despite any silly rankings) our inability to stop the run when we want to (i.e. dictate). Losing Harrison does hurt that aspect; no question about that. I think Carter can bring a comparable level when it comes to pass-rush (I don't think Worilds is near 92 vs. run or pass), but losing Harrison means we're one Polamalu injury from being an average defense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Quite old on D eh? Wallace is Pitts best receiver? Well. apparently this guy hasn't done his research. I quit reading after that.

I see possible upgrades on the Oline and Ben being protected. Rashard has been average at best. And the Steelers have one of the youngest Ds in the league (outside of Troy and James Harrison, that is). And a healthy Woodley, and a well positioned Timmons will make a difference.

Of course, I am preaching to the choir here. But I see why you posted this article Hawaiian! haha!!!
    Typical naive, ignorant talking head. Over 90% of the football media is ignorant and they get paid to know this stuff? Unreal. But I like it. First of all, week 1 will NOT be the telling story to where Pgh is this season. Week 1 is almost meaningless. It's gonna be on the road, in prime time, with the return of Manning and we will be without our starting safety, at least, if not our all-world OLB. Losing week 1 will not be an indictment on our entire season. What matters is just keeping up, by in large, winning more than you lose and make to it Nov./Dec. and THEN get hot. Losing on the road week 1 to Manning in prime time hardly means your season is going to suck. Writers are so stupid.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Not that this guy is anybody of any relevance, but I hope that the media takes this view of the Steelers. I always prefer them as an underdog.
    And Bingo was his name-O

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this article is full of wisdom, and terrific observations. I feel more intelligent having read it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I feel more intelligent having read it.
    Hmmmm,
    You feel MORE intelligent......I guess......depends on your starting point

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I think the Mayans provided a better factual basis for their 2012 predictions than this chucklehead. All signs point to moron.
    ACTUALLY, the Mayans, dont have us in the SB either.

IT GETS WORSE.
    if you believe their predictions WE WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER SB.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    ACTUALLY, the Mayans, dont have us in the SB either.

IT GETS WORSE.
    if you believe their predictions WE WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER SB.

we'll never lose another one either...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha