Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ready for a Steelers Mock Draft?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Mingo has "bust" written all over him. He is way too raw to take as high as we will be drafting. Mingo and Montgomery remind me of Hugh Green and Ricky Jackson fro Pitt many years ago. Mingo, like Green, gets the hype but Montgomery, like Jackson, will be the better player in the NFL. I would prefer Montgomery over Mingo. But then we have that wait for two years issue before they get significant playing time under LeBeau.

As far as an ILB, look no further than Kevin Minter to take over for Foote. It is a pipe dream to think that Sean Spence will be able to play at a high level in 2013.
    Agreed about Mingo. For as great as he is athletically, he had a very down year this year. Only 4 sacks and 5.5 tackles for loss? And that is with having Sam Montgomery on the other side. I too would rather have Montgomery of the two. But having said that, both will require a position change if they go to the Steelers.

I love Kevin Minter. He is my second favorite ILB in this draft.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    At 7-9:

RD 1 - DAMONTRE MOORE OLB
    RD 2 - KENNY VACCARO S
    RD 3 - LE'VEON BELL RB
    RD 4 - GERALD HODGES ILB
    RD 5 - JOSEPH FAURIA TE
    RD 6 - BRAD SORENSEN QB
    RD 7 - MARQUEIS GRAY WR
    That's a great draft but I dont think Damontre Moore makes it past the first 10 picks of this upcoming draft. Joseph Fauria is going to be a huge find for some team. 6 ft 7 TE who played in a more run oriented offense. 11 TD's this past year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For what it is worth, I believe there are 5 immediate impact players on defense in this draft. Jarvis Jones (OLB already in a 3-4), DT/NT Star Lotulelei (as close to Hiloti Ngata as there is), ILB Manti Te'o, CB Dee Milliner, and DT/NTJonathan Hankins.

And I would be ok if there was a move up to get one of these players. But not for an entire draft class.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    For what it is worth, I believe there are 5 immediate impact players on defense in this draft. Jarvis Jones (OLB already in a 3-4), DT/NT Star Lotulelei (as close to Hiloti Ngata as there is), ILB Manti Te'o, CB Dee Milliner, and DT/NTJonathan Hankins.

And I would be ok if there was a move up to get one of these players. But not for an entire draft class.
    We need players and more of them. We can't afford to give away picks to move up into the Top end of the draft. We still need an OG and OT. We need a DT/NT. We need more than one Safety. We need a TE. Can't give up picks and get that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    At 7-9:

RD 1 - DAMONTRE MOORE OLB
    RD 2 - KENNY VACCARO S
    RD 3 - LE'VEON BELL RB
    RD 4 - GERALD HODGES ILB
    RD 5 - JOSEPH FAURIA TE
    RD 6 - BRAD SORENSEN QB
    RD 7 - MARQUEIS GRAY WR
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    I agree with what he said I think?????????

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We need players and more of them. We can't afford to give away picks to move up into the Top end of the draft. We still need an OG and OT. We need a DT/NT. We need more than one Safety. We need a TE. Can't give up picks and get that.
    Yes I know, we hear this same cry every year about we can't afford to give away draft picks.....as if with every one of their picks the Steelers are going to get a great player. As if the Chris Carters, Thaddeus Gibsons, Toney Clemons of the world are really going to make a difference. You arent going to fill every need this team has in one draft class Ovi. How about getting one or two big time blue-chippers?

But Ovi, I bet you are a big fan of that show Hoarders, right?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Really like the look of the NT out of Purdue... but Jesse Williams out of Alabama would be just fine.
    I like Williams as well. Aussie rugby player!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yes I know, we hear this same cry every year about we can't afford to give away draft picks.....as if with every one of their picks the Steelers are going to get a great player. As if the Chris Carters, Thaddeus Gibsons, Toney Clemons of the world are really going to make a difference. You arent going to fill every need this team has in one draft class Ovi. How about getting one or two big time blue-chippers?

But Ovi, I bet you are a big fan of that show Hoarders, right?
    Ah...therein lies the problem. To move up into the Top 5-7 you would have to give up your Round 2 pick so it would be all but impossible to get anything but one "potentially" great player. That is not going to help us with the number of holes we have. We may not be able to fill every need, but I rather try to fill 2-3 versus just one.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The 'fix' has to come from multiple sources- yes, obviously the draft.

The Steelers generally do a pretty good job in FA, finding guys to plug in as they need them. With Miller having to come back from that knee injury, it's quite possible the Steelers would find a suitable FA TE to plug in until Heath's ready. Even one of the safety spots could be filled (reserve safety spots, that is) through FA. The Steelers tend to look for their impact guys through the draft though- so DL/OL/WR/CB etc- future 'need' positions- will likely come in via the draft.

The last place to look is from within the orginisation. Everyone wants a new OLB, but realistically- that guy is Worilds. Maybe Ta'Amu is the future NT (don't count on it). Spence or Sylvester to replace Foote. Mike Adams to replace Starks, perhaps?

It's not always sexy to think that our replacement guys are already in the clubhouse, but it's quite often the case.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE