Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 4-7 Wishlist?

Legend

User Info Menu

Round 4-7 Wishlist?

Anybody got any positions/players they'd like to see taken?

I'm thinking, S, QB, TE, NT in no particular order. And quite possibly a CB or another WR.

At this point, if Barkley's there in the 4th, why not.
    Hoping for one of the Thomas boys (Shamarko, Phillip).
    Montori Hughes, wouldn't be a bad later rounder at NT..

anyway, your thoughts?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeles will have to add a Safety you'd imagine, and Round 4 is looking about the right spot- if they wait much longer they are just picking up scrubs. Shamarko Thomas & Phillip Thomas are certainly possibilities, but Tony Jefferson & Josh Evans have to come into consideration around this pick. Bacarri Rambo is starting to look really good value too. Keelan Johnson might be worth a look late.

The Steelers tend to look for those raw, unrefined CB types, so BW Webb might fit too. Jordan Poyer might be too hard to pass up.

Vince Williams as an ILB option looks good, as does Kevin Riddick of NC State or Steve Beauharnais from Rutgers.

Nicholas Williams out of Samford as a DE option.

Really intrigued by Denard Robinson, even though the Steelers added a RB & WR already.

Quassenberry might be interesting, particularly if he gets into the 5th Round.

But, in saying all that- if Khaseem Greene is still there, he would surely get a long look.

If Chadman had to choose.... Poyer in Round 4 if he's there, simply for value purposes.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Safety or ILB in the next round

i could see another WR or QB possibly as wewellie if NT Williams falls down to us

Backup

User Info Menu

DB or ILB in round 4 definitely..

Legend

User Info Menu

A safety, ILB and OL depth would be great from a purely positional perspective. However, I'd like to see the Steelers stay true to their board and go with the BPA.

If Khaseem Greene is a second on their board, or if they like somebody like Franklin or Rodgers, I'm fine with them doubling up at any of the positions they have drafted.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    A safety, ILB and OL depth would be great from a purely positional perspective. However, I'd like to see the Steelers stay true to their board and go with the BPA.

If Khaseem Greene is a second on their board, or if they like somebody like Franklin or Rodgers, I'm fine with them doubling up at any of the positions they have drafted.

What if is Okafor who is there for our pick? I think the guy is a beast.
    Last edited by SteelSpain; 04-27-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

I would love to Shamarko Thomas get drafted with the 4th round pick and Landry Jones with the 5th round pick. The way I look at it, hopefully, Jones would be the best option as backup to Ben and if he develops and Ben is still playing at a high level he has value as a trade option. The Steelers need to begin to think about quarterback a little bit, IMO.

Shamarko Thomas begins the process of replacing Clark or Polamalu which is probably only a season maybe two away.

I'd also like to see Brad Wing get drafted with the 7th round pick and hopefully, he doesn't have a knee that will become a chronic problem for him. The Steelers need to improve special teams play and a punter would be a good start being drafted at a place that you rarely find gold.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Safety, then depth at ILB and OL.

Scamarko, Lester, Simon, Schwenke.

Backup

User Info Menu

John Simon, jake stoneburner

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

I liked their board with the Wheaton and Jones pick. The Bell pick definitely made me question their board and BPA strategy.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.