Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Least clutch WR ever? Emmanuel Sanders.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    If this was his ONE offense, I'd agree with you. He drops every deep ball thrown to him and he never comes up big in the clutch. Buh, bye. Wheaton can do that too.
    I'm all for giving Wheaton a shot. That kid is gonna be special.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I hope so. At the very least, he makes losing Sanders less painful....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I used to think he was the best WR out of the Bentley or big money crew except for the injuries. But Brown has played for that nice contract. Which looks like a good deal for the Steelers at this point. I still wonder how Brown was under some kind of rock to end up a 6th rd pick?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    What a kick in the gut. This BS of not showing up in the first half has to stop.
    The reason why the offense isn't productive early in the game is because they waste time trying to establish the run, when they should be passing to set up the run instead.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hey, Ben wanted to keep him....

I'm just happy they didn't sign him to a multi-year deal...

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought it was foolish not to take a #3 for Sanders when the option was there.

For all the grief Wallace got about needing to have a ball in his breadbasket, Sanders never makes tough catches. The catch for the 2 point conversion wasn't easy, but he needs to catch a contested pass in a crucial situation in a big game. The ball he dropped down the sideline was also catchable. Ben takes one of those shots to him every game, and I'm still waiting for Sanders to make a play on it.

I really hope he is gone next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    We should wait at least until his first 100 yard season to anoint him, dont you think?

The coaches haven't given him enough of a chance to do anything. He hasn't actually burned the field in the few chances he has been given.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    The reason why the offense isn't productive early in the game is because they waste time trying to establish the run, when they should be passing to set up the run instead.
    On the mark! Take what the defense is giving you instead of trying to force something.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I thought it was foolish not to take a #3 for Sanders when the option was there.

For all the grief Wallace got about needing to have a ball in his breadbasket, Sanders never makes tough catches. The catch for the 2 point conversion wasn't easy, but he needs to catch a contested pass in a crucial situation in a big game. The ball he dropped down the sideline was also catchable. Ben takes one of those shots to him every game, and I'm still waiting for Sanders to make a play on it.

I really hope he is gone next year.
    That is why the Steelers will let Sanders walk too just like they did Wallace. They won't overpay for a WR who doesn't have all the tools. Nowadays WR is just too easy to replace with all the advanced passing attacks college teams are using.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    We should wait at least until his first 100 yard season to anoint him, dont you think?

The coaches haven't given him enough of a chance to do anything. He hasn't actually burned the field in the few chances he has been given.

we'll see.