Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give Yourself Props

Legend

User Info Menu

I do all my best thinking when I'm all by myself because then there isn't anyone to hold me accountable for what I thought. Anyway I really liked the Scott Shields pick from too long ago

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wish i had some mistakes to confess like you bums!!

OK maybe I have a few...especially back when I was young in the 80s and 90s and followed my heart and not my head.
    So I will focus on the last 12 yrs.
    - I really thought Tommy Maddox was gonna follow up his great season with an even better one
    - Was not happy about Tommy Maddox's flop (that led to drafting Ben!!) Boy was I wrong.
    - Hated the Timmons pick for years.
    - Crezdon Butler was going to be the man and Keenan Lewis needed to be sent packing.
    - Mike Humpal was going to be a huge surprise
    - Mike Wallace had heart and a desire to be a top 5 WR!!
    - Did not care much for Ryan Clark b/c he was a headhunter over a ballhawk. I now see the light. although I wish he were a ballhawk too.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't make bad calls. I'm always right.

I was wrong once.

there was this one time I thought I might have been wrong and of course it turned out later that I was right.

I was wrong for ever thinking I could be wrong, I won't make that mistake ever again.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

-Thought Amos Zeroue would unseat Bettis and become a Pro Bowl RB.

-Didn't care much for the Troy pick at the time.

-Thought Mendenhall was the answer to all of our RB needs.

-Thought Kendrell Bell would anchor our inside LB need for years, becoming our "Ray Lewis".

-Figured we were shoe-ins to win back-to-back Super Bowls after winning XL.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    -Thought Kendrell Bell would anchor our inside LB need for years, becoming our "Ray Lewis".
    How weird is it that it seems like Kendrell Bell was a Steeler two lifetimes ago (for some reason, it seems like Bell came several years before Casey Hampton, not one round after the Big Snack), but Bell was drafted FIVE YEARS AFTER Ray Lewis, and Ray is still playing today (well, he's on I.R., but may be returning soon via the DeCastro loophole). For some perspective, we took Jamain #&@%ing Stephens 3 picks after the Ravens took Ray Lewis. Maybe Kendrell's short career is throwing me off, though. Consider Mike Vrabel...he had a long NFL career, right? Four years in Pittsburgh, eight years in New England, two years in Kansas City, and he's now in his second year coaching at his alma mater Ohio State...We drafted Vrabel THE YEAR AFTER Ray Lewis was drafted. Joey Porter also had a long NFL career too. Eight years in Pittsburgh, three years in Miami, and two years in Arizona. We drafted Porter THREE YEARS AFTER Ray Lewis was drafted. For all we know, Ray Lewis may be around long enough to play with his son like the Ken Griffey Sr. and Jr., because Ray Lewis III has already committed to play at the University of Miami next year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How weird is it that it seems like Kendrell Bell was a Steeler two lifetimes ago (for some reason, it seems like Bell came several years before Casey Hampton, not one round after the Big Snack), but Bell was drafted FIVE YEARS AFTER Ray Lewis, and Ray is still playing today (well, he's on I.R., but may be returning soon via the DeCastro loophole). For some perspective, we took Jamain #&@%ing Stephens 3 picks after the Ravens took Ray Lewis. Maybe Kendrell's short career is throwing me off, though. Consider Mike Vrabel...he had a long NFL career, right? Four years in Pittsburgh, eight years in New England, two years in Kansas City, and he's now in his second year coaching at his alma mater Ohio State...We drafted Vrabel THE YEAR AFTER Ray Lewis was drafted. Joey Porter also had a long NFL career too. Eight years in Pittsburgh, three years in Miami, and two years in Arizona. We drafted Porter THREE YEARS AFTER Ray Lewis was drafted. For all we know, Ray Lewis may be around long enough to play with his son like the Ken Griffey Sr. and Jr., because Ray Lewis III has already committed to play at the University of Miami next year.
    Kendrell Bell might be the greatest ILB to ever play for the Steelers since the 70s.
    He did some of the most amazing things i've seen a 3-4 LB do in just his Rookie Season.
    He had strength like James Harrison, the onfield presence of James Farrior and ran like Lawrence Timmons but healthwise he was even worse than Chad Pennington!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I do all my best thinking when I'm all by myself
    I do my best thinking on the crapper too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Kendrell Bell might be the greatest ILB to ever play for the Steelers since the 70s.
    He did some of the most amazing things i've seen a 3-4 LB do in just his Rookie Season.
    He had strength like James Harrison, the onfield presence of James Farrior and ran like Lawrence Timmons but healthwise he was even worse than Chad Pennington!!
    Was he really that good, or were we just fooled? The only thing outstanding he did was blitz. He didn't get a lot of tackles or make plays in the passing game.

For all the grief he gets, Timmons is a much better MLB than Bell. Why all of the love for Bell?
    Last edited by BigRob; 11-29-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is one of the strangest posts I've read in a while. I trust its all true, but gosh it does't seem to be.

At this rate, maybe Ray can play with his grandson.

Starter

User Info Menu

JaMarcus Russell was going to be All-Pro simply because of his arm. Thought Sepulveda was going to consistently destroy kick returners as well as be a pro bowl punter. Aaron Maybin was going to be a beast in the NFL

Reading this over makes me very sick....