Thread: Kiesel....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kiesel....

said after the loss, 'hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and get better'.....

I know players like to give the cliche answers to the press - but I'm thinking a pro like him who's been in the league a long time and is now a captain - should pretty much have the game figured out and leave it up to execution.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    said after the loss, 'hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and get better'.....

I know players like to give the cliche answers to the press - but I'm thinking a pro like him who's been in the league a long time and is now a captain - should pretty much have the game figured out and leave it up to execution.
    Maybe the mistakes were made by Carter (rookie), Heyward (2nd year), Hood (3rd or 4th year), Worilds (2nd or 3rd year), Allen (rookie), etc and for those guys that have a few years under their belts mentioned this is really the first year that they are being relied upon as starters and major contributors.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Maybe the mistakes were made by Carter (rookie), Heyward (2nd year), Hood (3rd or 4th year), Worilds (2nd or 3rd year), Allen (rookie), etc and for those guys that have a few years under their belts mentioned this is really the first year that they are being relied upon as starters and major contributors.

Pappy
    that's possible and I considered that maybe he was using the collective 'we'. I noticed however some young guys on the broncos having good success. his comments just struck a nerve because the whole night it seemed the broncos success came effortlessly (at least on offense) and our success came as a struggle with ben constantly overcoming 3rd and long. But we're talking about the defense last night and sadly it seems as they have quite a bit of 'learning' to do.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If by mistakes, he means playing like crap without Harrison and Clark, maybe he's onto something.

If by mistakes, he means letting Casey and Worlids hang out at the buffet together while they're recovering? So be it.

If by mistakes he means thinking Hood and Heyward are ready to replace a guy like Aaron Smith.

Maybe the mistake was the coaching? Or desperately trying to bring guys back to play too soon? Or just not being interested in September football? Or the whole freaking team just watching Ben to see what he can do on his own?

Ben + Troy + Harrison make every other player lazy cause they're so good. I like to watch them. I bet a lot of their teammates do too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    that's possible and I considered that maybe he was using the collective 'we'. I noticed however some young guys on the broncos having good success. his comments just struck a nerve because the whole night it seemed the broncos success came effortlessly (at least on offense) and our success came as a struggle with ben constantly overcoming 3rd and long. But we're talking about the defense last night and sadly it seems as they have quite a bit of 'learning' to do.
    Yea. it certainly seemed that yards were hard to come by for the offense (but this isn't new) and that the Broncos moved the ball with ease and Manning left himself in manageable situations. Ben converted some ridiculous 2nd and longs and 3rd and longs last night; that's the only reason the game was close at all. If he's pedestrian on 3rd down, it's a rout and we're all left to wonder what the hell happened.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Perhaps what he meant was about new players in new roles...or maybe he meant how they're supposed to play defense against offenses that go "no huddle" as much.

I think what they learned was...

1. Hampton doesn't have anything left in the tank.
    2. Defenses still won't let Wallace beat them deep.
    3. Woodley can't bring pressure by himself.
    4. Ryan Clark is more valuable to this team than anyone has thought/acknowledged.
    5. The delayed draw is going to become the predominant running play in the NFL.
    6. The 3rd WR match-up - both on offense & defense - is going to be key to our success this year.
    7. Pre-season hype of Carter & Rainey must be tabled until further notice.
    8. Adams can play RT...they'll just have to learn to live with the occasional mistake.
    9. Heath can be a weapon.
    10. Everyone will go "no-huddle" on them given the lack of resistance.
    11. That even in today's NFL, without the threat of a running game to balance things out we are very ordinary.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...