Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to switch to passing attack

Legend

User Info Menu

No huddle... but not that slow no huddle that bleeds the clock.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No huddle... but not that slow no huddle that bleeds the clock.
    I think Chip Kelly's huddled offense moved faster than Ben's implementation of the no huddle.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think Chip Kelly's huddled offense moved faster than Ben's implementation of the no huddle.
    Are you referring to the game last year in Denver when even though the Steelers were in "no huddle", Ben wouldn't snap the ball until the playclock went all the way down?

Considering the Steelers love them some TOP, I don't think that was Ben's decision.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    A big part of the problem too, is that Ben has not developed as a passer in many ways. Check Andrew Luck and Indy, as an example. Indy has an equally bad O-line, yet they seem to (I don't watch them much) have a much better offense. Why?
    Because THEY value their quarterback.

WE value what happened 40 years ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

A big part of the problem too, is that Ben has not developed as a passer in many ways. Check Andrew Luck and Indy, as an example. Indy has an equally bad O-line, yet they seem to (I don't watch them much) have a much better offense. Why?

Part of the reason is Luck's youthful exuberance, a la Ben in 2004--like a wild stallion. But over time, you hope that Ben develops more of a feel for passing (e.g. anticipation). Instead, after almost 10 years in the league, he still relies on his pump-faking defenses, his ability to shrug a guy off, and throwing to wide-open receivers in a scramble scenario.
    For what it's worth, Andrew Luck was sacked 41 times last season (4th most in the league), while Ben was sacked 30 times last season (tied for 14th in the league).

Of course, Luck was subjected to a season's worth of Bruce Arians 7 step drops too, so that could have something to do with it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

Luck's team also made the playoffs.

WE sat at home.

Legend

User Info Menu

Part of the reason is Luck's youthful exuberance, a la Ben in 2004--like a wild stallion. But over time, you hope that Ben develops more of a feel for passing (e.g. anticipation). Instead, after almost 10 years in the league, he still relies on his pump-faking defenses, his ability to shrug a guy off, and throwing to wide-open receivers in a scramble scenario.
    nah... everyone said BA killed Luck last year.. killed him into the playoffs.

I will keep repeating this.. I'll take 4 more years of Ben getting killed into the playoffs and SB over 8 more years of less hits and subpar seasons.

For the life of me I can't fathom why we fixed what wasn't broken. Sure the O didn't win stat trophies like RZ efficiency and total points but we WON GAMES and ALWAYS had a chance for a deep playoff run.

But no..... everyone hated winning that way. Ben is broken now... he looks defeated. He knows we are wasting his time right now.

Backup

User Info Menu

I will keep repeating this.. I'll take 4 more years of Ben getting killed into the playoffs and SB over 8 more years of less hits and subpar seasons.

For the life of me I can't fathom why we fixed what wasn't broken. Sure the O didn't win stat trophies like RZ efficiency and total points but we WON GAMES and ALWAYS had a chance for a deep playoff run.

But no..... everyone hated winning that way. Ben is broken now... he looks defeated. He knows we are wasting his time right now.
    Truth be told, if the Arians offense would have been better in the redzone I don't think Art II could have fired him. Instead of changing everything, the offense should have just worked on its redzone play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    We cannot run...we need to go 5 wide until we can prove to other
    teams that we will just sit back and throw.
    And then when we gain respect in the pass we will then be able to run more....

Let them stack the line.......

And for god sake when you need yards throw down the field not tot he dam line.....
    I agree go with 3 wide, 1 TE and RB but still go pass heavy....

I don't see our receivers coming back for the ball when Ben is under pressure!!

I say use more of our receivers like Derek Moye ....Big target for 10-15 yard passes
    He was great in preseason...

Backup

User Info Menu

They didn't win because of the offense. Ben and BA threw 40 times in the GB SB. Ben had 2 picks and one for a pick six. The stupid offense lost the game. BTW they don't sniff the SB if not for beating the Jets because of Gay picking up a fumble and getting a TD. Ben sucked by throwing 2 picks in just 19 passes. They didn't score a point in the second half. WAIT they actually did score by giving the Jets a safety (Ben fumbled the ball). That's BA ****ing offense. No points and pray the defense scores... just like the SB with AZ. They lose that game if not for Harrison.